DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Editting a Creature LeveledList on a ESP that has a ESM parent

I'm about to take on a personal project of incorporating several creatures from one mod (OWC:ND and a maybe few other smaller mods) to another mod (MMM). What I am going to do is recreate the creatures from OWC:ND in the MMM esp through the CS. Literally, open up an existing similar MMM creature to the one I want to recreate, change the editor ID to create a new entry, and change the various properties to point to the OWC:ND creature properties (ie textures, meshes, etc). Then to make sure the new creatures play nice with the MMM creatures, I will add whatever properties did not copy over, such as factions. After this is done, I will add them to the appropriate leveled list as the original MMM creature I based the new OWC:ND creature on. Obviously, I won't be able to publish this since I do not have permission from either side to do so. This is jsut a personal project of mine.

I've got a few questions about it though.

1. Does that sound like the correct procedures in accomplishing my goal of adding extra new creatures to MMM?

2. Is there an easier way, perhaps through a utility program? TES4Gekco maybe? (I've never used it)

3. Is there any possible problems I am not foreseeing here?

4. The MMM esp is dependent on the MMM esm. Is there anything I need to consider with this when changing the esp?

Thanks for reading. :cookie4u:

Edited by lonewolf_kai

I don't think there is a more efficient way to go about what you're doing in terms of work flow. However, I strongly recommend you create a new plugin that depends on the rest of the plugins/masters already involved, because if MMM gets updated, you will have to choose between not updating or losing your work or re-doing all your work. It also makes troubleshooting easier when you split the work off into a separate plugin.

Use the CSE to do this, and any masters/plugins you load up to create your new plugin will automatically be set as masters, so you don't have to fiddle with bait-and-switching.

• Upvote 1

1. Your plan sounds exactly the same as how I added new creatures to MMM.

2. To my knowledge there was never a time when new creatures were added to MMM through any other avenue than the Construction Set.

3. None that I'm aware of.

4. The MMM.esp is dependent upon the MMM.esm because the .esm contains basic records and the .esp expands upon them (This is applicable for all the .esps contained in MMM). For example MMM.esm might contain only a dozen MMM style Bandits, the .esp contains the records to expand that number into the hundreds. In saying that, I foresee no problems in adding new creatures into the .esp with your above mentioned plan. The MMM.esm was created when the .esp became too unwieldy and many users did not appreciate or like all the creatures we added in. Moving most of the base records into the .esp allowed us to change which leveled-lists were drawn upon making it easier to supply the No-whatevercreature.esp's. (If the .esp had just removed the creatures players who did not want Balrogs for example would be left with area devoid of all creatures, so the NoBalrog.esp replaces the Balrogs leveled list with another supplying different creatures.

I'm not sure if I helped clear anything up for you or made it more cloudy... It's been almost 2 years since I've added creatures to MMM.

• Upvote 1

I don't think there is a more efficient way to go about what you're doing in terms of work flow. However, I strongly recommend you create a new plugin that depends on the rest of the plugins/masters already involved, because if MMM gets updated, you will have to choose between not updating or losing your work or re-doing all your work. It also makes troubleshooting easier when you split the work off into a separate plugin.

Use the CSE to do this, and any masters/plugins you load up to create your new plugin will automatically be set as masters, so you don't have to fiddle with bait-and-switching.

Khett said it exactly as I would have said Kai! :)

• Upvote 1