DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Skyrim Modder's Resources - What would you like to see?

InsanitySorrow

ResourceThread.png

There are a lot of modder's starting to build their houses, quests ect in the Creatiion Kit, but one thing they're lacking is ... RESOURCES .. yep we don't have much available right now. To give our artists a few ideas I thought it'd be a good idea to make a thread where we can all list the things we would love to see available for us to use in our mods :dance:

If you have a suggestion please post here, make sure you give a good description and I'll add it to the list.

Architecture:

Additional parts for existing Tilesets - Meo already started on Farmhouses

Outhouse toilet

Fences

Walkway tiles, cobblestones

Bridges

Islamic

Hindu

Elven

Akavir

A retexture of all dragon architecture so that it looks the same, but every part of the texture should bear inscriptions in dragon language

Armor:

Mythic Dawn armor in its various versions (visible/oscured face)

Retexture of all ebony equipment to look like this texture scheme

Clothing:

A necklace version of the Celtic cross resource

Clutter:

Cooked & Uncooked Foods (Insanity's Food Stuffs)

Tools (hammer, nails, hatchet, saw)

Bedding, blankets, pillows, cushions

Plates, knives, forks spoons

Kids toys - We've kids and no toys? Wooden Toy Sword is Available PM Lilith for details

Dwemer style nutcracker

Hist Sap please, in bottle or bowl, or pitcher

Soap (Soap Resource by IS)

Skittles & Cheese (Ref Post)

the Scythe

Bringer Knives

the Tooth of Light

the Scythe of Vocah

Environment:

Flowers/Plants - Potted/Non potted

Single Plants

Races:

Children's hair styles

Statics:

Lamps/Lighting Fixtures

Painting/Picture Frames - square, rectangular, oval, like the ones we had in Oblivion. And maybe a palette and paintbrush too?

Glass fish aquarium

Dried & Fresh fish for hanging/displaying

Dragon nest and eggs

Planter box

Separate Iron brackets

Decals (Blood, vomit etc)

Gargoyles

Statues (Antique Statue)

Textures:

Desert, Forest-floor, Volcanic, Beach, Grassland groundplane textures

Rock retextures in brown, ochre, sandstone colours

I'd really like to have more flowers. They even may be statics (this is how I imported flowers from Oblivon for my personal use) to decorate the porch and the garden outside of my house.

Then I'd like to have a variety of different frames for paintings: square, rectangular, oval, like the ones we had in Oblivion.

And maybe a palette and paintbrush too?

To be continued...

Things we need...some you have already givin us.. :thumbup:

More and varied food...cooked and uncooked

Small out house...potty..with crescent moon on door...lol

Glass fish aquarium

Tools...hammer, nails, hatchet, saw

Better choices for exterior houses

More /different fish for hanging , more dried food for hanging

single flowers for a vase inside house

plates, knives, forks spoons

bedding, blankets

Fences

walkway tiles, cobblestones

Bridges

Could use any of the above and I have just started. Once i get past the Basic's and get started with the graphic part , am sure I will look back and laugh at this post...heheh

Well, to make a dungeon mod more interesting and exciting, I think a dungeon tileset retexture is the ticket. I remember this working like a charm in Heart of the Dead for Oblivion. A retex can really brush off the player's blindness to the familiar, and make you feel like you're dicovering something new.

In the same vein, retextures and new models of outdoor rocks, ground, buildings, etc. to suit entirely new climates and environments, like that sand dune ground retexture you were experimenting with. That would really open up opportunities.

Edit: Okay, specifics:

Desert, Forest-floor, Volcanic, Beach, Grassland groundplane textures

Rock retextures in brown, ochre, sandstone colours

Islamic, Hindu, Elven, Akavir architecture

For the dungeon retextures, I don't have any specific ideas. Oh, wait: Ice cave to sedimentary rock cave.

The general gist is to create resources that allow modders to craft environments that we don't get to see in vanilla Skyrim.

On a slightly off-topic note, I'd also love to see some tutorials specifically dealing with creating custom static world objects: I wanna contribute too! :D

Edited by ResolveThatChord

Somebody mentioned this is the shouty quite sometime ago, I can't remember who it was... So whomever it was, if you see this take credit for your idea!

Kids toys - We've kids and no toys?

EDIT:

Hand crank ice cream machine (I can make a bowl of ice cream, but from where did it come?) :cookie4u:

What I would really love to see and believe wouldnt be too hard for person with enough knowledge - posing existing creature models, adding some sort of pedestal and turning them into stone statues. Tried it myself but didnt have much success, just couldnt get believable textures going :P

If I recall correctly someone requested more fishing gear while ago, which would be also nice to have. Fishing nets / traps etc..

Also there is plenty of hair mods but I have yet to see additional hair for children, who have 3 hairstyles across both genders.

And what about some decals ? ( not sure if im calling that properly) Stuff like blood splatters placeable on ground / walls.

And of course Skyrim needs some lava.

Edited by Maddox

Glass fish aquarium

+1

and should be Multiple sizes and shapes of fish aquariums.

-----------

More fish, based off of real fish. We need more color in those rivers and hopefully aquariums.

Eels (if possible with the animation)

Stingrays

Sharks

Fresh water and Salt water (and mixed fish that can go in to Fresh or Salt water).... I can help with getting the images for the fish and what type they are (fresh or salt) and they names!

------

Other stuff:

Lizards

Snow Sled

Antique Style Music Player (Dwemer style. its possible because of the centurions,spiders and sphere's they built)

---------------------------------------

Yup...kids toys...but I think I`d like to try my hand at knife fork and spoon...ummm..just to clarify...what kind of kids toys..?... Ok a ball and bat...maybe wooden soldiers..?

Toy Box for storing these toys

Wooden Building Blocks

Wooden Swords (different styles for the different holds)

Wooden Rocking Horse (would have to be large enough for a small child to play on... or the crazy adult)

Wooden Boat

Wooden Top (the spinning thing)

Teddy Bears

Dolls (like the old China Dolls)

Edited by DsoS

Here's my response. I will note for the record that I intend to *make* some of these (not sure which, yet) as soon as I can reliably export from Blender into Skyrim format without vast gyrations. (IOW, I'm not trying to dump work onto others, but rather to contribute to the "to do" list.)

• I agree with those who have said "more lights", and would add that both "Fake" and "Off" versions are needed.
  • Invisible Activator objects in various shapes (flat disk, convex "lens" shape, rectangular) with editor markers. I know how to make the Activators but have never had any success using NifSkope to add editor markers.
  • More variety of invisible collision objects, again with editor markers.
  • Booksets that can be used as containers (some have been created, but more variety is always good).
  • Desk/office clutter (static!)
  • Alchemy lab clutter (again, static)
  • Door stones, like the ones in Oblivion
  • Some flat stone platforms in various textures and shapes, for use with outdoor craft areas, shrines, etc.
  • Retainer walls with and without embedded staircases, as a tileset, with attached flat "land" on the uphill side (these exist in vanilla as "terrace" pieces, but limited in variety)
  • Standalone water statics like the ones Washington (?) did for Oblivion. Maybe these exist in vanilla, but I haven't found them yet.
  • Wall decorations that are not pelts or flattened basket weaves (booooooorrrrrrring!)