DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Skyrim Modder's Resources - What would you like to see?

InsanitySorrow

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see a resource of the signs used in WilliaSea's Leveler's tower. A set with a sign for all the typical items; Books, Scrolls, Soul Gems (full/empty), Vegetables, Fruits, Meats, Wine, Mead

I could continue the list if you wish... (And all the same size w/ simple wood border and off-white paper background)

A retexture of the civil war maps (and other object maps) that includes tinted/faded color, better fonts, better and more unique icons for cities/towns and perhaps extra little icons for forests and unique landscape or architecture.

Also a greater variety of maps; versions that include all of Tamriel, a version showing the borders of all nine holds, and any more you may come up with. Might I add, simply searching Google "map of Skyrim"

or "map of Tamriel" gives good inspiration.

Thanks! This forum is perhaps the best idea I've seen.

Edited by HaileySkyrim

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ideas for modding resources

Static Rabbits - sitting or lying down (not dead looking)

More colors for everything - Skyrim is such a dull colorless place

More variety and fancier drying hooks for herbs primarily (but for hanging lanterns or anything else for that matter)

Cloak rack (board & peg style for wall or a stand up version)

• 2 weeks later...

There is quite a bunch of things missing in Skyrim.

More colorful outdoor Plants - wild and gardening ones.

e.G. Roses as bushes and climbing vines in yellow, red and white as classics. (haven't seen any Mods or resources that included roses for Skyrim)

Another one I am missing... Lilac or maybe Apple Trees you can actually pick apples from and so on.

TES compatible Statues - since we aren't allowed to use Oblivion and Morrowind Meshes in Skyrim ... having only Nord and Dwemer stuff ois boring... could use some more for the Daedra and Aedra... and some general statues of creatures and beings out of fables.

More tiny Critter spawner

Spawning fleeing/roaming critters - frogs/toads, grasshoppers, snakes, birds, rodents like mice or hamsters or rats... squids for the sea region

Farm Animals & matching stabels/kennels that can be closed. (hate it when the chickens run off and get eaten by wolves)

Pigs, Rooster, Sheep and Cats

Edited by Rhian

I am gonna just throw this in here even though it's slightly off topic, but it can help a lot of people struggling with "too much extra in this static item" problem: When you create new static items (and others too), you can often change the textures in them. Like, I hate the glazed cup texture, so I ALWAYS change it to the Nordic bronze glazed. You can do this for wall pieces, candle cups, floors... There aren't THAT MANY textures available, but some stone and wood and stuff. You can also HIDE a part of the mesh by using "NullTextureSet"

XmwtCuD.png

ALWAYS CREATE A NEW ITEM WHEN REPLACING TEXTURES ON EXISTING GAME COMPONENTS.

• Upvote 1

I am gonna just throw this in here even though it's slightly off topic, but it can help a lot of people struggling with "too much extra in this static item" problem: When you create new static items (and others too), you can often change the textures in them. Like, I hate the glazed cup texture, so I ALWAYS change it to the Nordic bronze glazed. You can do this for wall pieces, candle cups, floors... There aren't THAT MANY textures available, but some stone and wood and stuff. You can also HIDE a part of the mesh by using "NullTextureSet"

<< SNIPPED PICTURE >>

ALWAYS CREATE A NEW ITEM WHEN REPLACING TEXTURES ON EXISTING GAME COMPONENTS.

I did not know that you could Null a Texture out.

Thank You for the tip :cookie4u:

• 3 weeks later...

Well good news for those who wanted isolated windows statics (without invisible collisions, that is ;) ). I managed to separate a lot of window models just by deleting the surrounding groups in NifSkope. It was in fact quite easy and straightforward to do. Not all of them could be salvaged though, like the Riften windows. Nonetheless, 19 meshes is nothing to scoff at.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1577-skyrim-windows-resource-pack/

• 2 years later...