Summer 2012 Upgrade
Hail Allies, Ambassadors, VIPs, Patrons, Staff, and Guests!
About a year ago now we made an announcement that we TESA was undergoing a major version upgrade with our software. Around that same time, our skin author at Skinbox left the company and the skin that we used as the base for TESA Advanced was left outdated…until now. Now that the new Skinbix crew has updated those outdated skins we are finally able to upgrade the site only this time we’ll be moving forward two spftware versions forward. We’ll also be updating the blogs, downloads, and galleries that we have currently.
To prepare for this upgrade we would like our users to backup their images, files, attachments, avatars, and signatures. We will do our best to upgrade without losing data but things are going to be shifting around quite a bit, some data loss may be expected. So please backup anything you’d like to save before Friday May 25th 12:00p EST.
We’ve decided to upgrade the site on a live board. What that means is that we will stay online as much as possible to not disrupt activity on the site. During this time some features may go offline for a short time, themes may be unavailable, you may encounter a number of visual bugs, or note a number of missing links, or things that aren’t functioning.
When the upgrade begins, we will change the page logo to our construction logo
As long as the hardhats are on we will be working on upgrading the site behind the scenes, so you can expect some oddities and instability. During this time we will not be taking any bug reports from users. Once we complete our upgrade we will open a thread for bug reports, questions, comments, etc.
In addition to all the new, this is a list of features that we have currently that will be going away or dramatically changed.
- Cookie System: IPS has mutated the old reputation system our cookie system is based on. We will do what we can to maintain our cookie giving game, but we're going to have to make some changes for the new system.
- TESA Basic: We will no longer have a TESA Basic Theme. Originally we only had that theme for the users who preferred a traditional list view to our grid view. After the upgrade, TESA Advanced will have a view switcher that will allow you to choose list or grid, whichever is your preference.
- Permissions & Privileges: We will be refining our ranking system here and more clearly defining the privileges and permissions across the various member groups
- *More to Come*
Leading into the upgrade we’d really appreciate some polite but candid feedback from our users, so I’d like to open this thread for an open discussion on these points.
- Are there features currently on TESA that you consider invaluable and must have features?
- What features have you been missing that you’d like to see incorporated?
- Do you find the forum structure confusing? How could we improve?
- Are there any rules or policies that you find confusing? Superflueous? Unfair?
- Any other suggestions or feedback you'd like to offer?
Planned upgrade dates May 21-25 with the major changes to come Friday May 25th 12:00p EST