DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Major Site Change: 2012 Upgrade

DarkRider

There's a grid/list view switcher on the right end of the user nav (that's the floating bar at the bottom of the screen) just switch that to list view and you'll be good. The only other theme we're planning at this time is TESA Lite, which is the same style but skinned light. :good:

There's a grid/list view switcher on the right end of the user nav (that's the floating bar at the bottom of the screen) just switch that to list view and you'll be good. The only other theme we're planning at this time is TESA Lite, which is the same style but skinned light. :good:

Oh, that's what that's for. :D Perfect, thanks!

Update: Break time, the site should be calm for awhile, we had some unexpected server hiccups a minute ago that should stay resolved; wasn't upgrade related I don't think, but I am scare dto muck with the hook I was editing when it happened :lmao: Back in awhile :salute:

I rather like that: I wasn't too big on the grid theme (I mean it looks pretty, but I prefer the way the list functions) so that's really rather cool.

Had a couple of out-of-memory glitchettes, but overall it's looking good. :)

Update: We are hard at work today, we've rearranged the forums as you may have noticed, hopefully our users old and new will find it much more logical in organization. We have lots of new features to roll out yet and things that still need tweaking and fine tuning, but we're getting closer. We appreciate your patience :construction:

Are there any rules or policies that you find confusing? Superflueous? Unfair?

This was mentioned in the OP and I've one question about the policy of being recognized as an Ambassador of TES Alliance.

If I understand it correctly you must have the rank as a Diviner on BSF before you sigup on TES Alliance to become as an Ambassador and I think that's a good idea, however any member on BSF can spam a lot just with the purpose to gain the Diviner rank on BSF before they join here which I think is unfair, because with such policy a member who is joining TES Alliance aren't recognized by the quality of contribution for being a Diviner on BSF (only by the post quantity) which I think it should be imo. Such policy is already being used on the Total War Center forum since they have a reputation system in contrast of the kudos/cookie system there is in the TES community.

When I signup here I wasn't a Diviner but I was a Disciple on BSF. If this policy is changing and with it the criteria of being an Ambassador on TES Alliance needs to be discussed then I welcome such discussion if it's open nor closed it doesn't matter for me. Thanks for reading. :)

Hey oh! Cant touch the ambassador status, we have diplomatic immunity. Move along. :queen:

Edit: I guess only me could notice this, since I've been obsessed with it for a while. In the "more" tab, it should read calendar not calender. I swear its the last time i speak of this.

Edited by Meo

We'd actually given some consideration to this from the get go. Originally the Ambassador rank was just to help ingratiate TESA to some of the BGS regulars by not making them start again at 0 posts, newbie ranking, so anyone with the rank/numbers could get the rank. Now though, we've extended some special privileges to Ambassadors and that requires some more judicious selection. We will be posting an application for Ambassadors, qualifying applicants must not only have ranking, they must also have made some contribution to the community at large. Post count will no longer equal Ambassador ranking.

Current Ambassadors, need not reapply. XD

I doubt this is the right place to post an application for the Ambassador rank.

I also wonder does the contribution for only TESA counts or it doesn't matter where you have contributed to the community with TESA of course. I assume that BSF with other forums (GHF, PES, Nexus etc) counts.

Update:

We are whittling down to the end of the upgrade, for those who were using the default yellowish Skyrim background, you'll find it in the background picker it the number 8 slot. We needed a darker default background to better suit the homepage, but you can certainly snatch that other background up for your own viewing pleasure XD

**Important Info**

If you are logged IN on the forums page and on the home page you are logged OUT (ie the footer bar is prompting you to sign in) you need to clear cookies from your browser for tesalliance.org and sign back in. That should resolve the issue.

:good:

Current Ambassadors, need not reapply. XD

I wonder if maybe I should get around to making some contributions anyway! I've worked on so much stuff that could be uploaded as "mini mods": I could add some bits and pieces like that to the downloads, perhaps? I guess I'm much too reticent about stuff like that, even screenshots I'm worried about uploading in case it looks like I'm just cluttering the place up!

Update:

Okay folks looks like we've finished the upgrade overall. We've tweaked anything that seemed to need it, but we do have a few notes for you! :construction: In general clearing your browser cache and cookies is a good idea to smooth out any hiccups caused by old stored data in your browser. It's important to note that IE is a non-compliant web browser, they don't play well with others over there at Microsoft, so if you are an IE die-hard you may experience some skin related oddities caused by their failure to adhere to web standards and it's not something we can fix unfortunately but we'll apply workarounds when we can. TESA, as always, is best viewed in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and the like. :good:

Even if you've been here for years, please take a minute to re-read the site rules. They've been redone for this upgrade and there are several changes. :read:

New Features! (There are too many to list really, but here are the highlights)

• Background Picker: In the upper right hand corner of the board index is an icon shaped like a paint can. Click on it to select your background of choice from the twelve we have on offer.
  • List/Grid View: Lower right hand side of the floating navigation bar are two buttons that switch between the TESA Grid view and the Classic forum list view.
  • Rich Text Editing: The forum editor is now a rich text editor showing text formatting and coloring right in the editor before posting.
  • Roleplaying and Fanfiction: Now have their own forums! Flex your writing skills and share your creations with your forum mates.
  • Flash Uploading in Gallery: Say goodbye to the one pic upload, you can now upload multiple images, rename them all and choose a cover before you finalize
  • Streamlined Blogs: The user blogging system is cleaner and easier to read than ever. Project leaders can even create/add custom content blocks.
  • Pop Out Shoutbox: The shoutbox can come with you wherever you go online, whether perusing the Imperial Library, or reading the BethBlog, we'll come along.
  • Hosted Forums: Our hosted forums are now free, just submit an application for your project, it's that simple.
  • Project Leaders: Project leads now get greater recognition and greater freedom across the site with new ranking, medals to award, and more!
  • Project Tracker: Project Leaders have free access to the tracking feature here on site, we use it to track bugs here on TESA, you won't believe how it can support your next project.
  • New Medals: Allies and Senior Allies medals have had a facelift, and we've added medals to award Project Leaders, and medals for Project leaders to award to their teams.
  • And more, more more... :)

New Custom BBCodes:

Embed Steam ID

Darkrder.png

Code:

[steamprofile]SteamID[/steamprofile]
[/CODE] [color=#009966]Tables[/color] [table] [th]Column 1[/th][th]Column 2[/th][th]Column 3[/th][th]Column 4[/th][th]Column 5[/th] [td=20]Cell 1[/td][td=20]Cell 2[/td][td=20]Cell 3[/td][td=20]Cell 4[/td][td=20]Cell 5[/td][td2=20]Cell 6[/td2][td2=20]Cell 7[/td2][td2=20]Cell 8[/td2][td2=20]Cell 9[/td2][td2=20]Cell 10[/td2] [/table]
[CODE]
[table]
[th]Column 1[/th][th]Column 2[/th][th]Column 3[/th][th]Column 4[/th][th]Column 5[/th]
[tr][td=20]Cell 1[/td][td=20]Cell 2[/td][td=20]Cell 3[/td][td=20]Cell 4[/td][td=20]Cell 5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td2=20]Cell 6[/td2][td2=20]Cell 7[/td2][td2=20]Cell 8[/td2][td2=20]Cell 9[/td2][td2=20]Cell 10[/td2][/tr]
[/table]
Use Table Code to Highlight Points [table][td]ClickBoard.png[/td][td]Use Table BBCodes to create a special point highlight and draw your reader's attention to important points in threads and tutorials.[/td][/table]

[table][tr][td]Image Link[/td][td]Content Text[/td][/tr][/table]
[/code] [color=#009966]Progress Bar[/color]
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg21/Darkrder/TES%20Alliance/ProgressBlue.png") repeat scroll 50% 50% #333333; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 4px; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 4px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px;'>45%
[code]
[progress]45[/progress]

Bugs, Reports, Etc

Right now there is one major bug we are tracking, it's a fatal error on the user profile's About Me page, we'll have that squared away soon, I just found it as I was typing this post, it's a mod conflict. :pc:

To report any bugs or issues, please use our new TES Alliance Support Tracker start a new issue for each bug please, no compound posts or walls of text. :salute:

If you would like to just make some general comments, you may continue posting in this thread. Thanks everyone for your patience we hope you enjoy the new TESA and all her new features. :)

• Upvote 2