DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Morrowind Data Files Anarchy

Ello, good people.

I can not find a question like this on the entire internet as of yet (if you count some one-page Google serches as "the entire internet.")

So, I'm playing Morrowind, having a great time not socializing with the outside world, and it decides to glitch up. Crashes more frequently, messages about how it can't load certain things (mostly spells,) stuff like that. At first it was because I had saved that file so frequently it was starting to get buggy. THEN it decides it can't load any script in any plugin I have, and crashes after the 300th message or so (I'm not even kidding, there were that many of them :dizzy: ) So, knowing mine and my dad's horrible track records with fixing things, I decide to throw out all my plug-ins, re-download/make them, start a new games, the whole bit. So I empty all but the Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon plugins, and start the process. I put in a race mod first. I try to play it, but it doesn't show up. I download some more race plugins, but they don't work, either. I go to the Data Files list, click on and off various ones, and hit "O.K." If I click on it again, it resets them. I can't turn on or off anything. It seems to be keeping on the mods I had on before and leaving off the ones I didn't have. That would be fine, except it doesn't actually load the plugins.

Does anyone know what's going on?

• 2 weeks later...