DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hostile Actors do not Chase the Player in Combat

Altrunchen

Hello there I would like some help with a mod that I am making, specifically with the actor design.

I have made several actor types that are guards and although they can make arrests successfully, in combat they stand in one place and do not chase the player as normal guards would.

I have absolutely no idea why this is true. The maps are navmeshed and work just fine with follower npcs but the guards do not move very much in combat, the actors will attack if you get close enough, but if you take several steps away they will just stay in a blocking stance until you move very far away.

Does anyone know why this might be?

I think it might be a problem with the AI packages but I really have no idea.

Since you mention navmesh I take it that's for Skyrim, but if you want more attention to your request for help then please have one of these tags in your topic title. :)

To receive more timely responses for your study hall threads please add one of the following prefixes to your post title [sKY] for Skyrim [OB] for Oblivion [MW] for Morrowind [ES] for all older Elder Scrolls titles [FO3] for Fallout 3 questions [FO:NV] for New Vegas and [MISC] for questions that don't fit any of those categories.

Since you mention navmesh I take it that's for Skyrim, but if you want more attention to your request for help then please have one of these tags in your topic title. :)

Understood, and I managed to solve the problem.

It turned out that the race had the "fly" ability ticked and that was the reason why the characters weren't moving, they were trying to use animations that they didn't have.