DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

3D Printers

Avishays

First of all, I got to say I'm sorry if this is inappropriate I read the rules and I think it's okay that I'm posting in here - sorry if not :|

So anyway, check this out ! It's unbeleivable where the world is heading..

Skip to 2:30

And gladly share your thoughts, The printing rovoultion in the 15th century changed the world, and here's another one happening right in front our eye, soon this will also be in every home

Edit: Maybe not THAT soon...XD

Edited by Avishays

@echo

Really? I just saw someone post that on facebook and wanted to share with you, I didn't know it was around that long, and yeah it probably is a long way from being in everyone's homes, I just like being dramatic :D :D

@DsoS

Hehehe that would be cool ^__^

3D printing is the future of manufacturing. At the moment in manufacturing we take a large piece of raw material, and cut is down to the shape we need slowly removing excess material.....this is a very wasteful way of manufacturing, 3D printing is the reverse, you slowly add material until the product is completed.

The only reason 3D printing hasn't taken off yet is that it is really expensive, like really expensive compared the currently method....and the fact that the printing material isn't as strong as current materials like steel, or dont have the same nice finish to it like china does.

It is the future, but no for a little while yet.

I saw a video where they used organic material and they made a 3D human organ. Think it was a heart. Was a proof of concept that possibly one day it could be used to create organs from genetic material for a person and make them new parts. Was pretty amazing.

www.3dprinter.net - lots of info here.

Sure you cant replace heavy duty parts, but you can make pretty solid small parts. And you can use 3d printing to make molds for all sort of stuff.

www.3dprinterscanada.com - I know these are for professionals but it can give you an idea of what we could all have at home in 5 to 10 years for the price of a computer.

Its on the list, now if i could only win the lottery.

Edited by Meo