DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Drunkard's Tale

_echo

It's all in the delivery echo ;)

Hi! My name is lilith and I'm a TESAholic. I hope there is no cure. I got involved in gaming in 2007 when my husband found Oblivion. I dabbled in modding by becoming a team member of MMM and eventually some guy by the name of DarkRider and RST caught my interest on the BGS boards. I followed the links over here and well, here I am. :wave:

Thank you. *sits down*

Ok Kewl..I`ll post mine. I finally (late in life) decided I wanted to learn to use computers. I bought an ASUS lappy after much research, knowing I`d be gaming with it. I needed something to try it out soooo...a game...right? I went to game stop and was pointed to elderscrolls and MW was priced right so...there we go. I was floored...the CS scared the pants (nearly) off me. I was afraid I`d break something. Then it was pointed out to me that there was a fan base online and I searched. I browsed alot of places but not being socially minded...and ...to be honest...not liking what I was seeing, bailed on them all. Then...I found TESA...it was fun...it was friendly, but above all else...it didn`t stand for any of the trash I`d seen elsewhere. To add to this, it was dedicated to teaching how to use the tools we had at out disposal . finally I could open the CS, ask questions without being afraid of being made fun of, and recieve constructive advice and direction...the rest is ongoing history......Many thanks to all my scroll brothers and sisters. :pints:...*returns to seat. Sits down*

Edited by donnato

I don't recall exactly when I registered, but I kinda remember why... I'd been wanting to download Duke Patrick's Combat mods for Oblivion. I signed up, nabbed the mods I wanted... and proceeded to do absolutely nothing else XD Red eventually sent me a note telling me how to get into the shouty, I made my introductory post, and the rest is history.

Edited by EruditeDragon

I started back with Morrowind. I dabbled in the CS making my personal island off the coast of... that one imperial city in the south... yeah, that place. I got Oblivion in December of 2006, as i had just gotten a computer capable of playing it, so i got the game the next day, and learned of the modding community, to which i joined in march of 07.

In August of 08, Rider PMed me asking if I wanted to be a staffer on his modding site.

The end XD

A couple of years ago, I was finishing off Anduril Reforged when I posted in the Beth forums asking for beta testers. Khetts came along and suggested I check out the BTA Guild at TESA. And that's how I first found out about this place. :)

Okay, now this is the long story about me coming to TES and how I joined TESA.

Well, my gaming career began back in the 80s playing with my good old Commodore C64 computer and a datasette, later switched over to the Amiga 500 and then a first PC. When starting university (doing a master, a PhD and some post doctoral studies) I kinda forgot about gaming. Then, I had a two month gap between two jobs, so I was a bit bored and searched for some entertainment. What I found was a magazine that contained "Gothic 2: Night of the Raven" (still one of my favorites). Then, one day around the same time I - literally - stumbled upon Morrowind. Found the DVD laying on a parking lot next to my car, just picked it up and threw it on the backseat and forgot about it. Found it again when cleaning my car and thought that I should give it a try, that was some month before Oblivion came out. The mod using stuff started shortly after cause I was searching for fixes. That's also how I came to do small modding things by myself. My first contact with Oblivion was rather bad, I got it directly after its release and it (the German Version) was really an unplayable catastrophe. After running into some mayor bugs, I uninstalled it and sold the box. Some years later (played other stuff in the meantime) I saw Oblivion (the base game) in a shop for low budget stuff, was just a few € so I bought it, installed and it a was much better experience than the first one. Then I got the GotY and also got back into mods, started with a few smaller mods then into things like Fran's and WAC. Started again with some fixes and translations. I came here when I was searching for Maigrets Sable the Panther when I used a similar mod but I didn't like its models and textures, so that mod seemed to be perfect (in fact, it was perfect). Knew TESA already for a while, a long while, but was only a lurker.

I have to admit, that I am not very talented with much of the stuff, mainly I am doing character customization which I am not that bad in. Also like to make my game look different so I am always in search for different textures and and stuff like that. But it's things that I do only for personal use.

Edited by Gramblosh

Well my registration date here tells me it was 10.10.10 :D I don’t remember why I registered, most probably because I wanted a download from here. Around christmas that year I found Rider’s Stalhrim village as part of the 12 Mods of Christmas on Oblivion Real Estate. Immediately after I played it I started to translate it into German. When it came to ask Dark Rider for his permission to release the translation I remembered my account here.

It took me some time before I had enough courage to write my first forum post here as I had not enough confidence to use a language that is not my own. But I found that the community here on TESA is utterly friendly and welcoming and step after step I made TESA my new home after several years when I was active only on German TES-forums.

I took part in the Skyrim CK and graphics classes here from which I learnt a lot. Now I am mostly fiddling around with Nifskope, my favorite toy for some years now, doing things that I can’t help doing :lmao:

Oblivion is my first and only love so to say. I never played Morrowind and I cannot really get used to Skyrim. Moreover Skyrim does not let me play anymore, it keeps freezing. After I leveled up my first character to Level 47 it became unplayable and my second got unplayable at level 21 and so I gave up playing the game at all, only using the CK for fun and learning new stuff.

TESA.gif

I was swapping PM's with Darkrider, about a project he had in mind, that I thought sounded REALLY cool.... He had already done a fair bit of work on it, and he sent me some to look over. Needless to say, I liked what I saw. We swapped PM's on the Beth forums for quite awhile, and DR had this other idea in the back of his head, that a site set up by modders, for modders, as a school for those that wanted to BE modders would fill a glaring gap in the ES community. I was mostly moral support, DR did the work, but, here we are today, with both of DR's dreams become reality. Reclaim Sancre Tor has released, and TESA is a going, growing, concern. I am proud, and honored to be a part of this community.

Umm..... I don't remember! :rofl: yep, that's basically my story....have no clue as to how I even found this place. Must've been kidnapped by gremlins or something. :P yeah, that's it. Kidnapped by gremlins! That's my story.

Edited by Xinimator

The (not so) epic tale of my origin story, a summary of my activity here, and then some:

I was browsing the bethesda forums back in October 2008 (this was right around when I was getting ready to make Wilson the Clannfear, but I forget what I was really doing), then I found HeyYou's signature linking to TESA. Signature advertising does work. :P

Back then I was known under the alias Dragonsmoon ("dragon"), during which I learned the ropes of forum roleplay in the original Tavern Tales, improved my internet tact as DR and other TESA Team members repeatedly beat me over the head with a stick, recovered from RL tensions, and did some general growing up. Up until finding TESA, the only forum I regularly frequented was the unmoderated train-wreck known as the WoW forums.

One's etiquette tends to improve when every post and shout can be seen and smacked down whack-a-mole style by the moderator army. XD During one of the early mega-updates which (intentionally) took TESA offline for a few days was when I adopted my famous (on TESA at least) Jheuloh ("Jello") identity, sometime in mid 2009 methinks. After that things were smooth sailing (some moderator reminders aside), I found a character type that works nicely for myself and others in forum roleplay (basically myself as a character AKA an author avatar, as some others here have done), and now I tend to run the question "is it useful or very likely to be amusing?" before blubbering anything. Once I discovered the Primal Carnage forums in 2010, my activity here tapered somewhat as I discovered my "other" community; the paleontology, zoology, and herpetology community.

I did try my hand at getting involved in one of the modding classes here for 3D modeling, but that fell by the wayside as I realized I was willing to do the insane thing; take on what's arguably the most challenging task of all for modeling... making a genuinely "new" type of character (new skeleton, animations, texture, and sound not just a new model, texture, and possible sounds superimposed over premade animations and skeleton.) Regulars of TESA will know my character as the "blender beast", or a T. rex on 4 legs, as Xinimator describes it. :lol: Blender beast has been my main WIP projects since 2009; it's been taking so disproportionately long because like I said, I chose to do the insane thing and learn all the necessary skills of character creation (modeling, animating, texturing, and sound effects) and take the difficulty up to 11 by opting for realism and professional grade sounds, animations, etc.

While my activity on TESA and TES modding has been dvided as other games, communities, and hobbies command my attention, I still have stuff in which TESA will receive first priority, and when Skyrim approaches "final expansion" and/or "final patch" (most likely the latter) I may shake off the cobwebs and start working on small mods for Skyrim.

Edited by Jheuloh