DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

(Sky) Cell Lighting Characteristics - Total Black

Arion

I have an interior cell that I need to be completely absent of all light so that I can put a special light source to only light up a certain area. When the player/character looks away from the light source it has to be completely black.

I'm trying to duplicate the screenshooter's room that's in DesuChan's Store Mod in Oblivion.

The closest I've come is using Blackreach's lighting template and changing the colors to 0. However, if I change all the options to 0 I have light in the room (doesn't make sense). Even though in the CK the room is dark.

ANy help be appreciated...... :cookie4u: to sweet the kitty

I started with Blackreach's lighting template and then I made the following changes. Yellow highlights were what was changed from the default.

Screen01.jpg

Screen02.jpg

With Lighting turned on in the CK showing the area that is being affected.

Screen03.jpg

With lighting turned off in the CK so I can see the natural look of the areas as they should be in the game.

Screen04.jpg

Can see the actual ingame screens in my gallery ....

I made a custom light... aaJTFarmExteriorLight01 with the following settings

Omnidirectional, radius - 768, colors - all 3 set to 255 (pure white), no flicker or other effects.

For the size of the room, I'm assuming I had to use 2 of these lights and if you lok at the picture coming down in a straight line there is a grey square with a round rug in it for positioning the character for lighting effects to be even. The lights are set at a diagonal along the white squares to the right and left at the point where the next 2 white square join and are met by the 2 black squares.

The lighting scheme in Skyrim is completely different that what is in Oblivion and I was following the template that DesuChan's Store Mod had. Light radius is 300+ larger, and the character is almost standing in the lights where in the original mod the there was a single bulb, at 420 radius and it was stuck up against the wall and the character was able to move back a considerable distance and still have adequate light.

I may try with a softer/warmer light but I don't see any advantages at this point because a lower light will mean the character would need numerous lights to compensate. Dunno I wanted a screenshooting room in my new manor house and this is bigger than want I was expecting but was the best for depth for the darkness needed behind the character.

Edited by Arion
  • Upvote 1