DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Girl That Plays with Fiero's

DsoS

I don't know how many have hear of or seen this, but I'll post it anyway.

There is this young girl in Michigan, when she was 12 years old (now 14) when she went to her parents and asked for a car, a Fiero... A quote from the forum you can read:

A few months ago our 12 year old DAUGHTER came in and said, "Dad, Mom, can we talk for a minute?" We agreed, and she presented us with something she had been thinking about. She said that she would like to buy a car with her babysitting money. We were like, you are only 12.

Now I should tell you that she is 12 going on 22, but she presented these arguements to us.

1. She would like to buy a fiero because she saw one at a show and thinks they are cool (we are corvette people, so she has been around a few shows). Fair enough I like GM products and remember the Fiero fondly from my youth.

2. She makes the arguement that it gets reasonably good gas milage

3. It is relatively inexpensive, so she would be able to afford it.

4. She could completely restore it in the 4 years until she turns 16

5. She would learn about how cars work, it would be a cheap education for the money

6. She would only have the capacity to take one friend along with her, so there would be less distraction

7. She wants a manual so she would learn how to drive stick

8. When it is done it would be a cool historic sports car

9. She would pay for it all herself.

Hmmmmm, the wife and I look at each other, and go ok. So the search was on. In the end we found a good deal on an 86 SE 2.8 and 4 speed. Lots of miles, but solid chassis and a few spare parts. So she has been stripping it out and working on repair, replace, fix, etc. for a few months. The interior is out and she has started on refinishing the wheels.

You can read all of it here with amazing pictures!

This is a really inspiring thread/story that I think all should read. Its inspired me to start working on my current car again, but also get me a Fiero, I've always like the looks, but with them being "old" I never did.

She has had many interviews from local media to CNN, FOX, NPR and even has a corporate sponsor (3M). She has learned how to grind, paint, do interior and exterior, weld, sand, pull engines, tear engines part, learning about the different engines, suspension and more.

She is currently at the Makers Faire in Ohio, pulling the stock motor apart, where she has managed to do the interviews with CNN and FOX!

She has had so much publicity in the world on the internet, that the traffic flow to the thread went from something like 80K to over 120K in a day or two, and even brought down the forums image server :lmao: Links have been posted in the thread from MSN, Yahoo and many more, also in foreign language sites like Polish! Amazing

Edited by DsoS

• 2 weeks later...

Huh.

12 going on 22 indeed.

There's actually a lot of sense in that, in that most people buy rundown cars when they learn to drive and then run them down, she's proposing to buy a run down car now and fix it up before she starts driving.

Car insurrence will be a ***** though, if she dings it it'll cost more than she paid for it.