DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Farewell to Hotmail and Hello to Outlook

Leonardo

Don`t you have to have office to get outlook..?

No, they just used the same name to confuse people! Such is corporate branding; it has a web interface, as well as pop3 (no imap though, apparently: I guess that would be following too many standards for Microsoft's liking...)

Grabbed myself a couple of addresses there before all the good ones went. Already found that they have a problem with their SmartScreen spam filter creating false positives; I think I've narrowed it down to them blacklisting the sending IP address since it seems they don't use the usual xBL lookup tables: again, Microsoft and standards, I guess. Even if I can sort out my own messages so they stop being flagged as spam, I'm concerned about what else may go missing, so I'm not sure I'll be an enthusiastic user of the service (besides which, I use my own domain names anyway.)

Its already available....... When you go to hotmail look under options and choose Outlook and it will update your account.

@Don No you dont' need the office suite.. Hotmail's name is changing and style.. Nothing else.

I swtiched yesterday from my old hotmail format and it looks pretty good. :)

They'll probably have the Hotmail.com/.co.uk automatically re-direct to the new outlook address, at least that would be the smart way of doing things.

It would've been, wouldn't it? But they didn't do that and the outlook.com addresses are up for grabs: first come, first served. I imagine quite a few people are going to be a bit irate about that.

Want answers to your questions about the new and improved Outlook that's going to replace Hotmail. Then go HERE and find out what is really going on instead of gossip and guesswork.

Not everything is implemented yet and you can keep your hotmail address. No one is being forced to change email addresses.