DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Weapon Nif problems, crashes on coc to containing cell

Altrunchen

Ok so I am making a dungeon that has unique items in it.

Among these items is a sword called Archona.

This sword is a one-handed sword that uses the nord hero greatsword model.

I edited the model in Nifskope and it worked in Skyrim for a long time without any problems whatsoever. Also when I coc'd to the cell and used the item, there wasn't a problem.

Now, suddenly, as soon as I equip Archona, the game crashes. As soon as I coc to MODfortuneslossb2, the game crashes. However, when I loaded up a saved game that already had Archona in it, I could equip it without any trouble.

I have all the files and would greatly appreciate it if someone who knows a lot about meshes could inspect the nifs for the sword please?

It doesn't sound like a mesh problem.

What happened between the time it worked and the time it didn't? Did you update Skyrim to the latest patch? Did you add any new mods? Did you change your mod in any way?

Yeah Skyrim updated on it's own, I may have added some new mods too, also this mod is still in development and so yes, I did change it a lot since then.

By the looks of things, it seems that this could be any one thing in a sea of a ton of potential causes.

Try just opening your mod and saving in the CK to bring it up to 1.7 compatibility. Don't make any changes. Then test it again.

If not, then yeah, it could a million things gone wrong with your game, your mod or any of the mods you are running. Start checking for updates to the mods too.

Try just opening your mod and saving in the CK to bring it up to 1.7 compatibility. Don't make any changes. Then test it again.

If not, then yeah, it could a million things gone wrong with your game, your mod or any of the mods you are running. Start checking for updates to the mods too.

I did as you suggested but nothing changed. I really think that there is something wrong with the model, because it seems that the game crashes whenever it loads it.

One last suggestion ... uninstall ALL your mods (not just disable, remove all the files completely), except yours and test again.

If not, feel free to PM me your mod, or tell me where to go get it and I'll check it. :)

Oh well thank you very much :). I am fairly certain that the problem is within my own mod though, I don't know if un-installing everything is necessary just yet though...I think I'd rather rule out my mod first by checking it instead of changing everything else irrevocably only to find out that it was my mod after all. If you don't mind I'd rather send the file to you? And by the way, thank you for your support and help in this matter, it means a lot to me knowing that I can consult with such a helpful and friendly community here, you guys are awesome!

EDIT:

I WAS WRONG:

Alright so I disabled the other mods and attempted a coc and sure enough my own mod is running just fine. I also remembered that recently I had installed both SKSE and ScriptDragon into Skyrim, AND that I had used some sort of idle generator by Fore from: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11811#content. So I think that might have something to do with it as well. So yes, you were right and I was wrong, I am sorry. Apparently there is some kind of mod conflict.

Edited by Altrunchen