DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

'Sup!

Torzelan

Never knew how to begin introductions, let's see.

My first TES game was Daggerfall, but at the age of 11 (it's been that long!?) - even though I thought it was really cool! - I'm not sure I was quite old enough to appreciate it fully, and certainly not experienced enough to know how to deal with falling through the floor into infinity right off the bat in the first dungeon. It was special.

Ashamed to admit it but never really got into Morrowind or Oblivion either, despite - again - thinking they were interesting, unique, and quite frankly something I would be interested in.

Morrowind was released well before I got myself anything close to a gaming PC, but I did watch my friend play it a bit. Apparently now, instead of falling through floors, we were jumping through roofs to steal stuff. I can dig it. Earlier this week I actually installed it on my old netbook (because my main PC has been broken for a couple of months and I'm poor as dirt) and it runs...ish on the lowest settings so I've been playing it for the first time. Really rough but still familiar enough to go back to.

Oblivion was released during a time were I was heavily into competitive FPS gaming which nobody rightly gives a rat's behind about so I'll not go into it, but suffice to say I only touched the surface of Oblivion. Now that I'm truly sucked into the TES world I'd like to replay that too some day.

Now Skyrim... Oh boy. Everything clicked for me. I'd stopped competitive gaming and freed up time to properly enjoy single player games again, consider myself old enough (but still ridiculously nerdy) to be able to appreciate them on a deeper level, and the game itself is just right up my alley. Again, I like f.e. Morrowind too and totally see how some people prefer it and so on (opinions, ey?), but while unique, the huge mushrooms, gargantuan insects and brown everywhere never exactly had me gasping for air.

Nord lands, snow and dragons on the other hand - all things near and dear to me as a real life Nordsman! - is a world I just can't get enough of! Saying I love the game would be an understatement but hey, you get the point. Aside from music making, that game is the biggest bummer about the broken PC.

Speaking of music (and being a giant nerd), I do some amateur videogame music covers/arrangements purely as a hobby, love it. Linked in the sig if anyone fancies a listen. No ads. ;)

So yeah, circumstances (not all need mentioning) lead me here where I see you happen to have a voice actor section which I might check out a bit more. Would be way cool to be part of some sweet mod as a random Nord guard. This is now my goal! :) At a glance there seems to be a ton of rules and stuff (some of which, mainly links, seem out of date?) so I'll have to try reading through that on this tiny screen... ...and 7kB/s choked mobile connection, though early next week I'll be back on track with a normal 25/10Mb/s one again. :thumbup:

• Upvote 3

Welcome to TESA! I kinda fell into the same boat as you when it comes to Elder Scroll games, never really appreciated them as much as I should have until Skyrim. But you'll really enjoy your time here, everyone's really nice, and they'll just make you come to love all of the Elder Scrolls games so much more than you already do. Good to have you around, and here's a cookie :cookie4u: , I'd give you two, but I ate the other! :cookie:

• Upvote 1

:cookie: nomummmmmmm

Sorry but the one that bacon was leaving you looked like it was getting a bit stale. And one not to the let a good cookie go to waste, well you get the point.

Anyway Welcome to TESA and here's a fresh one for you :cookie4u:

Edited by Arion
  • Upvote 1

Hey Torzelan. I hear you about the browness of Morrowind, but there are a number of graphic replacers that change/enhance it. I stuck with Morrowind because of the story and because I've learned the ins and outs of modding for it, but as you said, to each their own. Welcome to the site.

• Upvote 1

Hey, yeah like I said still a great game though and I'm playing it now, probably shouldn't mess with mods* so I don't make it run even worse or introduce more bugs... Speaking of which, it's funny how you get kind of a "feel" for how these things work. I was about to do a quest but instinct told me "this looks bad, make a new save" - sure enough it didn't end too well and after I looked it up online there were known issues like "if you do the quest any other way than specifically so and so, guards may unfortunately hate you forever and ever." :lmao:

Just trying to not break the game in general and my buddy who played it back then has warned me about the level scaling, "just stay level 1, never sleep" pretty much haha. Finicky game.

*Generally I prefer to do at least the first playthrough of a game vanilla, probably not alone in this.

Just trying to not break the game in general and my buddy who played it back then has warned me about the level scaling, "just stay level 1, never sleep" pretty much haha. Finicky game.

Yes it is and if it weren't for mods, I would probably have stopped playing it long ago. Though I can say that for just about every Bethesda game I've played from Morrowind to Fallout: New Vegas.