DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQ] Blender Tutorials

DarkRider

Hey Guys,

I've decided to finally tackle the hurdle that is Blender once and for all. I've downloaded copies of all the tutorials here on TESA but what else is out there? Obviously Google returns thousands of hits, some appear more promising than others. So I thought I'd post this thread and hope some of you would chime in with links to your favorite Blender tutorials, those you found most useful. :idea:

Thanks!

:clap: It's a very exciting time - look out Blender, here comes the Rider. :clap:

Tutorials - Don beat me to it. Blender Underground video tuts are the first best intro to the Blender interface, and how to do the basic, most important things with a mesh. Start there, and you're on your way.

EDIT - Here are some nice tuts for the newest Blender, if that's what you're going to begin with. :)

Edited by grond

The one's I found most useful are right here, because they're geared to TES gaming modeling and they're simple. There's also the TES Construction Set wiki and the Nexus wiki full of specifics. My advice is to take it slow, don't jump in expecting to do advanced steps in your first go. ;)

Was there something in particular you were looking for that maybe someone here could take on?

Now that I've gotten my first model off the ground, might be time to toss out the tutorials I've found most useful so far! :good:

From the Blender Design Course, I found these useful for just figuring out the elements of the editor and what they do:

Blender Default Scene

Splitting Joining Extending Editor Windows

3D Editor Viewport Window

Maneuvering Around In 3D Space

Blender Controls

Mesh Modeling Modes And Viewport Shading

And from Blender Cookie, I used parts 2 and 3 of their Get Started with Blender series. :cookie4u:

Of course last but not least, our own InsanitySorrow's tutorial on Importing Weapons into Skyrim which was really handy for getting the obj into nif form. :)

Good luck with your creations Blenderheads! :dance:

• Upvote 1