DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Can't make a collision cube (markers are on)

mandilorian

I've been trying to add collision markers to one of my areas, but I'm having problems. When I click "Create a Collision Cube" and click in the render window, nothing happens. I've tried right clicking, left clicking, clicks+dragging to draw a box, but nothing shows up. Same thing for the Collision Plane and Sphere (the C buttons in the toolbar).

Markers are turned on, that's the first thing I checked.

I've tried closing the CK, using a new cell, etc. I can copy and paste collision boxes from other cells into my cell, but I can't seem to create new ones. I can see collision cubes in the area though, so it's not a markers issue. I can copy and paste collision cubes into my cell from other cells when needed, and that's how I've been working around it, but I'm really curious about why the button doesn't work.

I have no trouble placing a trigger or a current cube either... just collision cubes. So it's weird. Any ideas?

How I found it works for me (and I'm probably not doing it properly), but...

Left mouse click on an item in your render window thereby selecting it (shows the red and green lines around it), then click on collision cube. It will place a cube around the item you had selected with the sizing widget. You can then adjust the size and move it where you want or need it.

Once the collision cube is placed, repeat the above steps to place more.

I hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Lilith, that wasn't working for me, tried that earlier. I appreciate your reply though.

However I figured it out through a post on the bethsoft forum just a minute ago and wanted to update it here. As I suspected, it's a setting issue in the CK. I was pretty sure my technique was solid because I was able to create a collision cube on other pcs.

If you go to View -> Show/Hide Window, it should have Collision Objects checked. If not, then for some reason it will show regular collision boxes but you can't make new ones unless you copy/paste from another cell.

I hope that helps others, I know it was annoying me quite a bit. Now, back to making bookshelves... :whip:

• Upvote 1