DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New "Legal" threat on internet!

Leonardo

Have you been a victim for the new "Legal" threat there is circulating for some time now on the internet? I haven't heard of such thing before until one of my friends told me about it earlier today since he got it on his computer yesterday and so far I haven't got it yet (of course you can't be absolutely sure these days can you?) . What he told me is indeed scary and that's about a new "legal" trojan called police.trojan aka ransomware by security experts and one of them is from Sweden (sorry only a Swedish blog), which has some indications of where the trojan has its origin, but haven't been able to examine the trojan more intensively atm.

To make it simple... You're falsely accused for crimes you didn't commit and they have locked everything on your computer plus they demand you to pay penalty of 100 euro to unlock your computer and once they receive your money (some people are reporting that they pay 100 euro, but have their computer being unlocked hell no they haven't and are still locked) your computer will be unlocked, but in the mean time they steal every piece of information you have stored on your HDD. Your best bet to get rid of this trojan is to read this information provided by another Swede since he also got this "legal" trojan into his computer and managed to get rid of it based of his computer knowledge. Information like this or this might be helpful too.

Another piece of scumware. Us folk who use the Internet regularly are aware of such scams, but I feel bad for the occasional users who might fall for it. If you know anyone who has made the payment, urge them to call the police. While they might not be able to recover the money (criminals use layers upon layers of financial transactions to hide their actions), it will at least help authorities somewhere to build up a case.