DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Boost The Green Iguana (AKA at TESA Iggy)

DsoS

Okay, as some of you guys know, I bought me a Green Iguana on 9/29/2012. I decided that I would give him a TTS page :dance:

Please use the link below for all new pictures.

http://www.dsosweb.com/Gallery

Links in the Spoiler no longer work. Keeping here for legacy/archival purposes

So with no further info, here's Boost:

HIIIII.jpg

You can see the pictures below, clicking on the links

Leaving the Store (PetCo)

Heat Lamp

Are you another iguana? --- Looking at its reflection on the side of the tank

First Food

I Are A Long Iguana - Not really, but the longest I've held :lmao:

Basking On the Ground

Basking on the Tree

Plotting My Escape --- It best not :grr:

Tree and Food Bowl (Empty)

What was that Bright Light? - Of course the camera flash, :lmao:

What Are YOU Looking at?

I'm still not sure if Boost is a Male or Female, so I'm going to say its a Male for time being. I'll update when I find out later when he's old enough to be "sexed" (That's the term I see everywhere!)

I moved stuff around in his cage, so when he basks, he is closer to me and can watch what I do, so he, hopefully, gets use to me and starts warming up to me :yes:

Basking in the new location - I moved the cage around a little bit... Boost did NOT like it. He was very mad at me, and for 30 minutes or longer was giving me the stink eye... seriously!!!

Up Close and Personal - Took this after he got used to the new layout. I was surprised he let me get so close to him with the cell phone, he generally turns his head or runs away.

Edited by DsoS

picked up a few "green" items today for the cage.

I new Infrared light heat lamp for night (so I can sleep)

UVB bulb used to help him get calcium for his bones

2 plants and a background

In_The_Jungle_The_Mighty_Jungle.jpg

Poor thing, he's pacing back and forth, trying to get further back, I think :cry:

Edited by DsoS

I'm going to keep the background removed until I can get more branches and other stuff in the cage so he can climb on it. But most likely by then, he will be too big for that cage and will have to build him a cage :lmao:

I still have not seen him use the "restroom" :( Any idea on how I can tell that he is doing his "jobs"?

He is eating well. When I got home yesterday, he had eaten almost all of his food that I gave him in the morning before leaving.

I'll be setting up a webcam so I can keep an eye out on him while at work. If I'm able to, I might post a link here so you guys/gals can watch him to :)

It is a baby, right? An adult can reach more than 1m!!!

Yeah, he's just a hatchling. They can get to 6ft when taken care of properly.

Thank You everyone for taking an interest in Boost. He's happy to hear that :lmao:

I got a webcam today, so I'll be able to keep an eye on him while at work, if I can ever get a freaking break (you jerks at work :lmao: jk jk )

If I can find a program that will allow a remote web connection with guest capability I'll post a link up :)

Boost is starting to like the high places. He climbed up one of the new leaf trees I bought yesterday, all the way to the top. He didn't get down, so I put my hand into the cage, and OMG, picked him up off of it and placed him on the ground, and he didn't run or try to escape when I picked him up. But once on the ground, I tried picking him up one more time and he moved away :lmao:

I got a few pictures of him on the leaf tree, I'll post tomorrow :dance:

Night all :wave:

My iguanas always used to poop in the water, I think it's what they prefer to do. You do have a water bowl in there for him, right? Fortunately since they tend to dirty the water rather than the stuff on the floor of the tank, it makes it really easy to clean up.

They absolutely love high places since that's their natural thing.

I do have a pool of water. However, he is not going in the water pool, but on the substrate. How can I get him to start using the pool?

Its kind of odd, we learn not to pee in the pool, but try to teach certain animals to do so :lmao:

I have a couple of pictures to share, but it seems that my FTP site is being snotty and not letting me connect :lmao:

I'll work on the issue and upload them later :dance:

okay, new pictures as I promised :dance:

Exploring The Jungle Or Trying To (Old picture, the background has been removed)

Heads or Tails???

Hide and Seek 1

Hide and Seek 2

Hide and Seek 3

King Of The Cage

Length 1 - The tank is 18" wide (Front to Back) total dimensions are 36x18x16 - I think Boost is just a little under 2 feet, maybe 20-22 inches! so I think he is at or just a little over/under 1 year old

Length 2 (End of Tail for detailed length)

Hand Feeding

Have fun and I'll post more pictures when they become available :dance:

I never had to do anything to get mine to use the water. I don't think you have enough in the dish though. I had one that was about 5 inches deep and was told to fill it to the top with water. They like to soak in it when it's time to shed, and they will also drink from it, but they apparently won't do any of that if it isn't deep enough. No need to worry about him drowning in it, they're quite good swimmers too. It's even a good idea from time to time to let him have run of your bathtub as long as you're around to make sure he doesn't tire himself out.

I filled his bowl nearly to the top :dance: Still doesn't go into it. I sat him down next to it and he shot off like a dog with its tail in-between his legs :lmao:

Okay new pictures!!!

Bark Exploring

Evil Stare of I'm Going to Eat Your Face Off / Death

---------------

Edit, before Boost's bedtime!

I Have NOT Been Digging in my cage!!!

Edited by DsoS

New pictures, 3 from last night

Trying to Hide

Relaxing

Sleeping Like a Baby Iggy

and 1 today

New Food

New Food Recipe:

Green Beans (YUK!)

Parsnips (Stinks :sick: )

Acorn Squash (Looks very similar to a Pumpkin inside, :sick: )

Red Bell Pepper (For Color and extra water, its red, I hate red food (mostly, some, especially ketchup) )

Collard Greens (its a vegetable, no thank you!)

If you would like to see where I got the idea from check out Annie's Iggy Salad .... Her's looks sooo much better than mine does :lmao: