DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Boost The Green Iguana (AKA at TESA Iggy)

DsoS

Yesterday and today, he's been grumpy :lmao:

It did turn cold Friday night and warmed up a bit today, also he's starting to shed, so I know for sure that the weather change is causing some grumpiness, but not sure about the shedding though :shrug:

Iguanas can be moody at times, so who knows. The shedding might be bugging him a bit, my iguanas used to soak in their water when it was time for that. This is also a good time to let him soak in the bathtub for a bit too, it will help. Just don't be tempted to help him out by peeling bits off yourself. THAT will cause grumpiness because it tends to hurt.

His breathing looks like any other iguana I've seen so I don't think there's anything wrong there. You've only had him for a short time. He's probably still slightly stressed at moving into a new environment.

If he was angry with you you'd know it. His flap would be extended, he'd be puffed up as much as he could manage, and you'd probably have already been slapped in the face with his tail. All in all, he seems pretty content with life.

Edited by Arthmoor

Thank You Arthmoor,

I know that they can and will be moody, especially during times of mating, but we won't go any further into that subject :lmao:

I'm relieved that his breathing is good.

Also, I do think he's still stressed out from the move and new environment.

I'm going to try to get him in the tub this weekend. I'm hoping he doesn't try to run around his tank while I'm trying to get him out. While he's bathing, I'll be cleaning his tank. I really don't like this bark substrate that I use, but it does soak in the urine though.

He's only bitten me once, but that was my fault, I was feeding him and I went to touch his nose and he thought my finger was food :lmao: he didn't break skin or anything, just closed his mouth for a second or so and then let go, I didn't jerk it out or do anything. I continued to feed him afterwards and he didn't seem to notice he did anything wrong (which he didn't)

He hasn't lifted his tail at me at all, even if he's a bit annoyed with me trying to pet him or move him or whatever. So that's good :)

he is small and very cute

:( and I'm not? I know I need a shave and a hair cut, but I look fair :lmao: jk jk :P

:P Just jerking your chain. Figured that would get a reaction! Ok, you're as cute as the lizard, how's that? :lmao:

I was surprised how small he was. And the length of his tail! Oi. You're going to have to give him a room of his own when he's full grown.

Edited by AndalayBay

I was also worried about his nose, but its better now :yes:

I can tell you, he did NOT like it when I changed from the bark substrate to the newspaper... I was mad at me all saturday night and all day sunday. But he's good now. But he's mad at me again today for misting him to help him with the shedding :lmao:

Newspaper may not be a good choice. Mine decided it was edible, which isn't a good thing considering all that ink. If you don't want to deal with the wood chips (and who could blame you) then you should look into getting some washable green felt or something. The pet shop ought to know what you want if you ask them about it. Looks better, easy to clean, and he won't try to eat it.

• 1 month later...