DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Halloween Challenge 2012: Wickwood

DarkRider

TES Alliance Presents...

OldeGods.jpg

HWTitle02_zps04f84bef.png

---------------------------------------------

Wickwood is the fourth Official TESA modding challenge inspired by this upcoming Halloween, which will be here before we know it! This one is quite special since it's our first foray into the foreboding wilds of Skyrim, where nightmares lurk just beyond the veil of fog and snow. :evil:

With Skyrim modding still in its infancy and our tools a bit limited for merging and cleaning we're going to do something a bit different this year. For this challenge, I will create a core.esp called Wickwood.esp which places a gothic chapel on the rise above the village of Wickwood, with a single sealed door. Players will need to explore the seemingly abandoned village below for the keys to the chapel...if they survive long enough that is. Keys in hand, the chapel can be unlocked along with the mystery of just what happened in Wickwood. Each challenger will submit a unique and terrifyingly haunted house to be included in the village. On October 31st, the project will be released exclusively here on TESA for the players who will then vote for the haunted house that gave them the biggest scare. The one voted scariest will be named the winner!

We've had a fantastic turn out in the past, I hope we'll see the same level of excitement and enthusiasm this year and another major spookfest is on the way courtesy of our great community at large as a result!

HWChallenge.png

To create the best overall scare experience in a haunted house as part of Wickwood, TESA's 2012 Halloween Challenge. You can do this using any means at your disposal so long as it is within the rules of the contest. Scripting is not required. :yes:

HWRules.png

• Entries must be COMPLETE and submitted to DarkRider by 11:59 EST on October 28th, no later.
  • If you want to participate you must sign up officially (See How to Enter Below)
  • Your entry must contain an exterior cell and at least one finished interior cell, but no more than five.
  • Only one entry per challenger and that challenger must be a solo author of that entry, no teams.
  • The overall theme must be horror/supernatural genre.
  • You may use modder resources but nothing from the official DLCs.
  • You must repath and package any resources to the correct file path for the challenge. (See Additional Information Below)
  • If you use modders resources, you must include a .txt file with your submission containing the credits for those resources.
  • You cannot reveal any specifics about your entry to anyone, no screenshots, vids, or chat.
  • Your cells or .esp cannot contain obvious clues to your identity; we don't want people voting for their friends.
  • Your level cannot be SKSE dependent, or dependent on any other mod.
  • Your entry must be complete and free of major defects (ie broken untested scripts, flashing seams, misaligned kits) unfinished or excessively buggy entries will be disqualified.

HWEnter.png

*Registration for this year's challenge is now closed*

HWJudging.png

On October 31st, Wickwood will be released for download on TESA and the players will vote in the release threads for the haunted abode that gives the best overall scare. Any voting ties will be broken by the Senior TESA Staff. Polls will be closed and the winner announced by November 8th.

HWPrizes.png

• A Special Feature on the Homepage!
  • A Unique Forum Medal!
  • A Special Challenge Winner Sig Bar!

HWInfo.png

• Your .esp should be called Wickwood-YourLevelName.esp
  • All cell names and IDs must begin with aaTESA
  • You may use any interior kits or combination of but your entrance kits should be from the farmhouse set
  • Exteriors should use the farmhouse statics
  • The chapel is the final destination as part of the core .esp so please, no chapels.
  • Every challenger will receive credit in the final readme.
  • Each Challenger should include a .txt file containing any information about your entry I need to know, including CREDIT
    information for any resources used. Also, please include solutions to puzzles and a general how-to for your level.

HWFilePaths.png

• File path for meshes must be Meshes\TESA\Halloween04\(category)\(item name)
  • File path for textures must be Textures\TESA\Halloween04\(category)\(item name)
  • Custom Menu icons should be in Menus\Icons\TESA\Halloween04\(category)\(icon file)
  • Custom Sound Objects should be added to Sound\fx\Wickwood\(category)\(sound file)
  • Voice files should be in Sound\Voice\Wickwood.esp\(race)\(gender)\(voice file)

HWChallengers.png

• WillieSea
  • the-manta
  • Wolvenna
  • Vouivre
  • Arion
  • DsoS
  • CerebralDreams

HWNote.png

Before you begin the exterior, you will need the coordinates of your assigned cell! Watch for this assignment in the next couple days via PM. Also, your mod must contain a single key to the chapel door available within your level for player collection. You can add the key in a chest or as a reward for defeating the boss of your level. Your key IDs will also be assigned in that group PM. :evil:

:dizzy: This sounds awesome! I have only two questions:

- How exactly will the exterior cell work? Do we put the haunted house anywhere or will we be assigned a cell within what will be the village?

- "No dependence on mods" is specified in the rules, but would Dawnguard be okay? It is, after all, basically a horror-themed DLC.

I will enjoy making a little farmers house. Not sure there are many resources in the game for this, but it will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.

[rant]I did not download Dawnguard because the vampire/werewolf side of the game never interested me. Yes, I know you can fight them, but that still does not interest me. I hope they come out with something better for the next DLC.[/rant]

I love Dawnguard to be honest, but I only downloaded it for my console version of Skyrim. Only because my husband is a huge PC gamer too and when he's hogging the computer I still want to be able to play. Bethesda DLCs always make me happy :)

I can't wait to find out where this little village of horrors is going to be located!

• 2 weeks later...

Rider,

How should we name our scripts?

I have a naming convention that I use, since scripts can be used in multiple mods without having to add it again. I use, aaDSoSFunctionOfScriptScript

But since its the challenge is well, the challenge, I don't think it would be the best to do aaTESAWickWoodDSoSFunctionOfScriptScript

• 2 weeks later...

True.

But there's so many baddies out in Skyrim that needs to be taught a lesson :2guns: opps, that FallOut... :noway:

:lmao:

I played for 2 or 3 hours after work and got to almost lvl 8 (Just need another creature or something) I just arrived at High Hrothgar :lmao: