DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

There and Back Again: Thread I

DarkRider

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! I'm sorry for my leaving around a year ago but work and such became overwhelming and I saw myself visiting the site less and less. I was debating leaving a goodbye thread but then I wasn't sure whether I'd be back in a week or a year.

I'm in my final year of school now before Uni and my career choice has shifted from the plucky amateur modeller you may have known! I'm now going in to study Computer Science as programming has become the new love of my life! I'm not sure how much I can contribute to the modding society anymore due to me not owning Skyrim on PC and my work load is quite a lot (my own fault for messing my exams up last year).

But yeah, I hope I'll be back now for a long time! I've missed you all and wanted to come back but felt bad for leaving without saying a proper goodbye :(. Oh well onto a new era in my life! :D

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Back from a seemingly long absence due to work and real-life needs. 

Okay, I have to abandon the huge Solitude mod I'm working on because it's too big for me to deal with, but instead I'm working on a revamped food mod and a couple of small player homes.

I have returned.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Ok, got back now because I have finished rebuilding my Skyrim installation, learned how to use MO, and then tried the modding breakthrough of the year: Sheson's memory mod.

Come tomorrow I'll have to set up my mod development environment under MO.

• 1 month later...

I have not had much time for the forum lately.

My son turned 18 last week. He is severely handicapped. So, that means the state has the 'right' to come into our house and take him away from us.

So, I have been busy doing the 'legal' in order to keep him in our home where he would be better cared for (than in a state institution).

1. I have taken the Guardianship training program and passed.

2. I have taken the Conservatorship training program and passed.

3. I have taken the First Aid CPR & AED class and got my certification.

4. I have taken the Assistance with Medication for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel and received my card.

5. Fingerprints taken and Criminal History is now being done.

6. We have a meeting with the SSI on March 26.

7. Our court hearing before the judge is May 12.

Then there are lawyer meetings and paying them. Plus getting the house and yard in shape, because the state will start 'inspecting' us. It all takes time, so I just wanted to let you all know why I have not been around much.