DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

There and Back Again: Thread I

DarkRider

Well, guess what? I'm back, though not in full force. Right now, it was more viable to repair my old computer (a new set of RAM and a new PSU) than buy a new laptop. it will still come, just not now. I'm back to modding and hanging out in here :P. Time to get back to work and turn all my ideas into reality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well ermmm hello? Glad to be back there is so much shiny stuff here! :D but ermmm yeah don't know why I didn't come back at the start of my summer since I had about 10 weeks of relaxation after my exams :L now I'm onto the next stage of my education which is A-levels (I think that's the equivalent of seniors in the US?) so I gotta get these to get to Uni! I won't be doing any modding and have kinda slacked off on blender :'( if I do start back I'll be more scripting based and making utilities for Skyrim (I won't steal your thunder IS I promise ;D) so yeah that's pretty much it! HELLO TESA!

• 3 months later...

Real-life has been more demanding.

To give you a reason to ban me:

Goodbye.

Nad happy new year though.

[warn=No Cursing or Swearing]It is not permitted to rely on the word filter. Also, replacing letters in a swear word with symbols such as # or * is a deliberate attempt to bypass the filters.[/warn]

• 5 weeks later...

I was reading the Community Rules as I decided that it was time that I stopped lurking and started participating but wasn't sure where to post an introduction; so naturally, I went to the Community Rules and it listed this thread - which seems to be more for goodbyes than anything else... I mean I haven't even said hello yet, so there is little point in saying goodbye!

Well, to start off with, I'm Josh, or Joshua (whichever), and I first discovered the Elder Scrolls modding community in July/August 2010 - yes, I was a little late to the party, but until that point I didn't have a computer which could play Oblivion, and I wasn't sure about Morrowind (although I have the Game of the Year Edition, I've never really gotten into it like I did to Oblivion). The first modifications I came across were related to the Cyrodiil Upgrade Pack, so I tracked down that branch of the Modding Community [...] Long story short. I had a rude awakening yesterday evening and decided not to be reliant on one particular community as human beings aren't very nice people.

I'm sure that you're all wonderful though.

Unfortunately, I once again lack a Computer able to play Oblivion and Skyrim, so I've taken to the console - which is good enough and was how I first discovered Elder Scrolls (Oblivion as a matter of face when I was in the local Game store wasting birthday money in 2009, I consider it to be the best choice I've made in Gaming since I first played Final Fantasy as a young child!)...

While I was part of the... other community I was able to indulge in my love of Lore, I am a little Mage-obsessed, there is something beautiful in the... Art of Magical combat, unless of course there's a Necromancer involved and then I just bring out the Fireballs... but what I started writing in part were issues of The Black Horse Courier last year, which went down well, but they were based on events seen in the game, and from some of the mods found in that community, which I shall miss, but will most likely learn to do without when I am next able to play a Modded version of Oblivion. The aim of the newspapers I expected, were to eventually, be added to the Cyrodiil Upgrade Pack by Giskard, but for one or two reasons I no longer wish him to have any of my work, should I decide to continue with them.

Another project I drafted before I lost access to a gaming computer was large scale, grand and probably way out of my league for a first work, it was an autobiography of a Breton Mage, not entirely Vanilla compliant, but detailed his birth in High Rock to becoming a Battlemage Commander in the Kvatch Battlemage College and a Member of the Council of Mages - not entirely lore compliant and would have used creative license to suggest the command of the battlemages were different and in my mind, Kvatch made sense due to it apparently being the "Second City of Cyrodiil", and a whole host of other thoughts, but it was fun to write the small bits I got done before I had to put the work on hiatus.

Recently I have started work on a Newspaper for Skyrim (The Solitude Telegraph, which would present the Imperial Viewpoint) - again, the end aim (as with my issues of The BHC) would be to perhaps see them in a Lore mod one day, although I doubt it'll happen as I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for writing recently, which led to events which spiralled out of control last night. Essentially, it gave me the kick I needed to open my eyes and actually step out of the shadows and introduce myself to a community I've been registered on for a few months.

I've done some limited voice acting County Sutch Reborn, which was/is Dragon Captions back in October last year when Building (or however his name was) posted on the Guild forum looking for voice actors, but I certainly need more practise and a new headset should I wish to continue that.

For now I plan to do some lore studying, I noticed that there was next to no information about the dissolution of the Mages Guild in Skyrim which disappointed me, although considering the last two games have seen Mages get more and more powerful, I am unsurprised to see that Skyrim - a land which traditionally favours warriors - has little Magical input, given how small the College of Winterhold is.

I'm not entirely sure what else I should mention? I think I've given you my life story... well it feels like it!

Short version: Josh, newbie modder, likes lore, obsessed with mages

((To the moderator: If I have perhaps gone a little to far in any part of this post, I would appreciate it if you could let me know anything in particular you think is an issue, proof-reading it I don't believe that I've posted anything in the grey area but would be grateful for your assistance if this is the case, if you approve the post, I'd also be grateful if you could delete this little note, thank you :) ))

Hello there!

You might not get much attention posting in this thread, you should copy-paste your introduction into your own thread in the introductions subforum here: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/4-introductions/

Welcome all the same! :wave:

Thank you, I shall do :)

I followed the link to the Official Hello/Goodbye thread from the Community Rules, so didn't think that I'd be posting in the wrong area but I'll copy the post now.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...