DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

How to Get NPC in mod to appear and continue quest

steelhorse69

Hi, Hope someone can help a very green noob.

I am playing a heavily modded version of Oblivion. One of the mods I am using is THIEVES GUILD HQ - Unhealthy Competition by Punk Stevo. It can be found at: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/34465

It's a fun mod, but I am having problems with it, maybe because of a conflict with another mod. On the final quest, Quest 15, an NPC named Johnny is supposed to appear in the lower level of the Abandoned House in Anvil. I can see him in the construction set. However, in game, he doesn't appear. A previous player noted a similar problem, and said it was due to a conflict with Open Cities, but he didn't say how he solved the problem to get Johnny to appear.

I tried using the Oblivion CS to move Johnny from the house in Anvil to another house out in the countryside that was created by the same mod: Liugi's Estate, on the road between Chorrol and Bruma. However, after dragging Johnny to this cell, saving, and then starting up the game, again, he does not appear in game. I don't know how to get him to appear so that I can finish this otherwise entertaining quest. The quest started off fine, exactly how it is supposed to as described in the hint sheet. I found the dead body of a beggar in the basement of a shop in the IC, and a clue there led me to the house in Anvil. So I think the quest has advanced to the stage to make Johnny appear. I just can't get to him.

I first tried to look his id up in the construction set, and used another NPC from the mod, Luigi, to find the first two numbers of the NPC's in the mod. But using the resulting number with "player.moveto <Johnny's ID>" didn't work. It said the number was not vaild or something like that.

Is there a trick I am missing, like activating Johnny? Or how can I get around a possible conflict with Open Cities? I am using Better Cities which does odd things with NPC's--while playing Sentient Weapon, I noticed some of the Skingrad targets I was supposed to assassinate would go through an invisible door in the alleyway behind the weapons shop in Skingrad at certain times of the day and I couldn't get to them. Kind of like an alternate universe....

I'm at the point of giving up on this mod, but I thought I would try one last plea for help here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I've never heard of this mod, but I feel it's safe to say it's not a conflict with Open Cities. It doesn't affect interiors.

I'd suggest looking up what stage you're at in the quest line. Use getstage <questID> then look it up in the CS to make sure the missing NPC is being enabled at the right quest stage.