Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mentha

[req][skyrim] MW style wooden wind chimes + sound (if possible)

I'm having a bit of a MW nostalgia moment. Sorry no picture, but if I remember right they were in about 4 or five different parts all looked like they were bamboo with some sort of base. You'd find them in the Dark Elf native camps hanging from the tribe leaders' tents. The sound was a sort of a wooden clank. I'd really like these to go with the paper lanterns already in the resources.

The only chime I can find in the MW CS is this:

AshChime.jpg

Not sure if that's the one you're on about.

That would be the 'main' piece. There are several 'chimes' that hang below that. I always liked them since they made a nice noise. I sort of miss them too.

Check out this cell: Erabenimsun Camp, Wise Woman's Yurt

In the center is the >Static furn_ashl_chimes_01 that you show above.

Below it are the >Activators, called furn_ashl_chime_01 through 08.

The sound comes from >Sound, called Sound_Ashl_Chimes.

Thanks.

Are they animated?, I don't remember chimes in the game, guess I need to pay more attention :lol:

Edit: Nope, just scripted to swing.

Yes, that is the base I was describing, there were some chimes that hung from that base. They were indeed scripted to move just like the row boats were, but I think Skyrim may do it differently now.

Sorry for the thread necromancy but a Google research for "Skyrim Wind Chime" brought up this one as a result :lol:

I made such a thing yesterday:

Edited by Tamira

Necromany #2: I too have made a wind chime mesh, in 3 different texture variants. Mine aren't animated, but they havok when bumped into, so they might be more suited to interior use. Their shape is very closely based on the original chimes from Morrowind, I have taken great care to make the dark bamboo version match in colour and design as perfectly as possible. You can find them here.

These are in no way meant to replace Tamira's beautiful meshes (I actually made them before I realised there was another wind chime resource out there), just one more option for variety's sake.

54483-1-1414642693.jpeg

Edit: Now also available on site here.

Edited by Saerileth