DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

How to create a single gender playable race

jamochawoke

Hey guys I long ago partook in a project to revamp the races of Cyrodiil and have actually had recent enormous success... all but in one area.

When I create a head that looks slightly masculine the females of that race look really awful. When I make a head that looks slightly feminine I get an androgynous race for both genders. The problem is in how Oblivion handles it's male/female differentiation of the meshes. It likes to morph along the morph targets for brow line and a few others in the .egm file that I can tell and it does so pretty severely (to create a marked difference in the vanilla races when switching between genders). However, now that I'm using high poly meshes I made myself based off the head06 set and .egm files things are getting pretty whacked out.

So is there a way to lock a gender so I can just make male/female versions of each race? The only thing I can think of is to make a copy of each race and to make it so the "male" slot of these copies points to female meshes and voices. But then there's still the problem of how Oblivion likes to mess with the base meshes. And then of course of the problem of the player being able to use the switch for male/female gender which further messes up the models.

I've seen this done in a few older mods before but for the life of me I can't remember how they did it or even if I'm remembering right lol.

• 1 year later...

You could try it with Blockhead. For the player you will need the CS FormID which is 00000007. I recommend reading the file's comments for further information.

Edit:

Now I see that your post was written in November 2012. I hope my answer is still helpful, at least for the ones who have a similar problem.

Edited by selene310187
  • Thanks 1