DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Form Lists - How do they work?

Mentha

This is what I am trying to do.. I am making more insects for Skyrim but there are also two other major mods that also add new insects to Skyrim. I'm trying to make my mod compatible with them but they both use the default bug lists. I also want to make it so any auto harvest mods can plug in my info their lists. I decided the easiest way to do this is make mine an ESM. However, the other two insect mods are both esps. When all three (mine, Willows, & Butterfliegen) plugged into TESV Edit there is a major compatibility issue with all three using the same default insect spawn form lists. Only the last loaded shows up in game. So I removed my insects from the lists and made new ones. I would still like a way to add my insects to the form lists without the two esps overwriting my mod, especially with it being an esm.

This is my idea and will it work? I was thinking of adding the ESM with all the insect info, then make an esp that added my info to the form lists so as to put my insects priority over the other two mods.

You can add things to form lists dynamically.

What that means is you can have a quest run a script at game start, that adds your insects to the formlist. This way it will work no matter what!

You do NOT change the vanilla objects formlist in the CK, you script it to happen after the player starts the game.

AddForm

Wonderful idea! I am completely clueless with Skyrim scripts, though. Give me Javascript, CSS, or HTML any day, even BBS and php are easy compared to Skyrim scripts, but Papyrus is a foreign language to me. I'll have to see if I can figure out what I'm doing.

Edited by Mentha