Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elias64

cs problem.esm higher vers. than exe can load

Im using goty edition and I download the cs and open it and select data files it says "file oblivion.esm is a higher version than this exe can load".Im new at oblivion but I have a lot of experience with morrowind and the construction set for it.I have probably 80 mods running smoothly on morrowind and lookijng forward to oblivion but i cant get past this to continue with the course you have on the oblivion cs.

I think your site is awesome and looking forward to learning about oblivion and the differences between it and morrowind.

Welcome Elias64 :)

When you installed Oblivion, did you install Shivering Isles as well? That contains the latest version official patch that the CS is looking for.

Thank you.It did load when I checked si also.I think the course on the construction set is going to be very helpful as theres some differences between this one and morrowind's.Thanks for the speedy reply to a noob problem.

I'm still not doing something right.wether I check just the master file or si with it,it seems all the data isnt loading.For example under npc it only lists player and under clothing only lists jail clothing.I've already played past closing the first oblivion gate.

Let's start with this question then ... where did you download the CS from?

I had downloaded from here before.I dont know what happened but just to make sure I downloaded again and did the same thing i've been doing but this time the data files loaded and everything is normal.I'm going to follow the sites advice and put everything on hold and learn how to use the cs for oblivion the right way.

Ok, that's a good idea :)

Start by reading the Construction Set Basics thread, then hop into Lesson 1 when you're ready. Have fun!