DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tragedy in Connecticut

DarkRider

Tragedy in Connecticut

candle1_zpsc8179e5b.jpg

Yesterday morning in Newtown Connecticut, a disturbed 20 year old man forced his way into a K-4 gradeschool at gunpoint, and executed 20 young children and 6 of their teachers before taking his own life. For those who wish to discuss what happened or how you are feeling in the aftermath, or even just to voice your condolences, you may do so here in safety. Of course folks with strong political views are already polarizing on the issues, while discussion is expected, please do not use this thread to debate/argue gun control policies in this country this isn't the time or place for it.

We hope the families impacted by this tragedy find comfort and peace in the new year.

There are a number of incidents just like this one all around the world. It has nothing to do with guns, as evil will find anything that can be used as a weapon to harm others. In China, a knife weilding man killed several students in a school there.

I find it hard to imagine someone with the ability to murder children, there is truely a special place reserved for them.

My sincerest condolenses go out to the familys and friends of those who lost their lives, or are struggling to hang on. It will also be a very tramatic experience for the survivors, having to see something like that when so young will be difficult for them.

Edited by WillieSea

I also feel sorry for the murder's family. From what I've heard, he cut ties with his father and older brother, yet they'll have to bear the stigma of what he did for years to come. Still, I hope that the families of those slain can gain some closure.

It is a very haunting and disturbing time for many of us, it is literally a state away from where I live, and with two cousins one of which whom is right in that age range of the victims... It's a haunting and disturbing wakeup call. There are truly no words to describe it, there is just... nothing words or actions can say or do to make sense of or to help heal the pain. There is no healing in something like this... it is forever a wound that will be a grotesque scar that will just be on a hair of re-opening. The thoughts and prayers go out to those effected... the great tragedy is that it's not just children, but it's also during the season.

I agree Don. I spent that entire day not being able to speak about it until a conversation with a close friend. This is beyond my knowledge to comprehend let alone make sense of. Whats equally difficult is explaining this tragedy to my own children. I have always taught compassion and understanding through which creates security but I found myself at a loss for words. I do know its cemented my already growing aspirations to home school my children. It leaves a lot of questions, but I do believe one thing above all else, our boys need more nurturing. I know I have done my part with mine, and this tragedy has told me that theres so much more needs to be done.

I am almighty curious what would motivate ANYONE to want to go and kill school children. That is just incomprehensible. I am sure there is a special place in hell reserved for these people.

I can't even imagine the pain these parents are experiencing.... My heartfelt condolences to all of them.

When this story first broke, it seemed that this was a kid that was just a bit goth, and rather nerdy..... only after the fact have we heard about possible mental issues. Which really isn't a big surprise, I should think one would HAVE to have issues to go out and kill children.

Also, I had thought, according to the first article I read, that the shooter used a couple handguns, and left the assault rifle in the car.... now, it seems that was not the case?? So which is it?

And the gun control proponents have also come creeping out of the woodwork. Truly unfortunate that they do NOT recognize that any gun control legislation will have exactly zero effect on these kinds of incidents. Far better off to ban gun-free zones...... If even ONE of the teachers/administration had been armed, this would have been nipped in the bud FAR sooner.

:shrug: It happens every time there's a shooting, HY. People want to blame something, so they blame either violent video games and/or the lack of gun control. The problem with that is that they both ignore the underlying reasons as to why these things happen. The shooter had something wrong with him, but I don't know if any of it could have been adverted. Maybe it could, but I agree that stricter gun control laws wouldn't have prevented any of it.

Stricter gun laws wouldn't have prevented it. Even going to the extreme of banning all guns period. People will always find a way to act out in horrific ways whether it be guns or something else. I just got word that there were threats to many of the schools in the district where I live. What scares me the most is things always get worse. What is worse than this.

Stricter gun laws wouldn't have prevented it. Even going to the extreme of banning all guns period. People will always find a way to act out in horrific ways whether it be guns or something else. I just got word that there were threats to many of the schools in the district where I live. What scares me the most is things always get worse. What is worse than this.

I think that's a question I REALLY don't want to know the answer to.

There were several threats to our schools today, I still sent my daughter to school. When we start fearing life, then the terror has won in our lives.

I am already home-schooling my son, but my daughter wants to go to school to be with her friends.

Apparently, the shooter's mother was going to institutionalize her son because she could not handle his mental issues anymore, so he decided to end it all. And now with the media emblazing his name everywhere, we have copycats looking for their 5 minutes of infamy.

The teachers were the true heros, hiding kids in cupboards and shielding the children the best they could, even rushing at the gunman. This is what we should remember from this incident, not the perpetrator of the crime.

It's not the media's fault, they're just covering the story. The people I blame are those that take it upon themselves to condemn an innocent man without having all of the facts. There were at least 50 pages about the shooter's older brother made on Facebook when his name was released as the possible suspect. How many of those pages do you believe were taken down voluntarily when the shooter was actually identified? Anyway, I foresee a lot of overreacting and chest pounding from all sides, more useless laws being passed, and life still going on. I feel for everybody involved with this and wish them the best.