DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

TV Show Chat Thread

InsanitySorrow

TV Show Chat Thread

250px-red_dwarf_logo.png

I've seen a lot of members mention TV Shows that they're watching now and even shows they watched when they were younger and have fond memories of. A lot of the time I sit and wonder what those shows are about, then me and Google get friendly

:lol:. I thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread so we can discuss our favourite TV shows, new shows we've only just stumbled across or those we have fond memories of.

The rules of TESA apply here as everywhere else. If the content you want to post or discuss contains strong language or imagery that violates the Teen (PG-13) rating, do NOT post it. Violators WILL receive a warning and possible suspension time. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.

I do not subscribe to broadcast television so I am limited to whats on Netflix. But I am a bigger fan of television series than I am movies. I would rather sit and watch a seemingly never-ending saga. Of late since I am waiting on the next new season of Game of Thrones I have been watching Downton Abbey. I absolutely adore Maggie Smith, she is so delightful to watch. There have been some funny paradys I have found on YouTube about this series as well. It is a period piece set in England during the reign of King George V and starts right at the sinking of the Titanic. The stories are told from the viewpoints of the estates staff and its inhabitants. I find it simply delightful.

DowntonAbbey.jpg

Well there hasn't been much on the TV I like here, especially with Red Dwarf X ending a couple of weeks back. I'm now finding myself watching more US shows :lol:

My current faves are Fringe, Dexter and Supernatural and I've found myself watching and enjoying Justified.

I do not subscribe to broadcast television so I am limited to whats on Netflix. But I am a bigger fan of television series than I am movies. I would rather sit and watch a seemingly never-ending saga. Of late since I am waiting on the next new season of Game of Thrones I have been watching Downton Abbey.

GOT is a great TV show, I went out and purchased the books after watching the first season :lol:

Dexter's a great show, especially the first season can't go wrong there. I haven't watched Fringe but I've heard good things, would you recommend?

I've not watched Supernatural's latest season but I've seen all the others thanks to Netflix :lmao: Decent show, but honestly, Jared Padalecki (plays Sam) can't act. Just about anyone else in that role would make it a better show. :rofl:

I'm waiting in Game if Thrones and Walking Dead in AMC is in a mid season break :faint:

[EDIT] Firefly...best..show..EVER

Dexter's a great show, especially the first season can't go wrong there. I haven't watched Fringe but I've heard good things, would you recommend?

Dexter is one of my faves, first two seasons are the best, re-watched them a few times. Gets a little less enjoyable later on, but Season 7 which just finished was a good one, they're getting back on form.

If you enjoy sci-fi it's worth a watch, it can get a little confusing at times if you aren't paying full attention XD

I've not watched Supernatural's latest season but I've seen all the others thanks to Netflix :lmao: Decent show, but honestly, Jared Padalecki (plays Sam) can't act. Just about anyone else in that role would make it a better show. :rofl:

I agree :lmao:, he's actually better in the first few seasons, most likely due to better writing. He's trying hard to copy Jensen (Dean) but fails :lmao:

I still have to watch Firefly... *hides from *hides from grond*

I too can not wait for GoT. I have read all the books but the last, I have a real issue with things ending so I doubt I will start to read it until the next is published. I just adore seeing the characters I know and love come to life. People like to sit and complain how things are different but I enjoy each the same.

I also finished Nip Tuck.. That was something totally out of the ordinary for me but I found it pretty funny.

Well I'll keep my distance from that then :lmao:, I think a lot of TV shows end up with that problem, writers thinking they are clever XD

No no, you really have to watch it anyway, it's sort of a modern pop culture education requirement. :rofl:

I have recently fallen in love with Big Bang Theory. It reminds me so much of people I know, though I have a really hard time saying for sure which of my friends is Sheldon. It could be one of several. :rofl:

I liked Lost too, Witty, but I ran out of patience. I'll always appreciate its ambitions though. It was nice to not be talked down to by a program- it assumed I was smart enough to keep up. And I still think it had some very good actors- the actors who played John Locke and Benjamin Linus in particular.

Nowadays with my schedule being as busy as it has been, I am prone to streaming Spongebob through Netflix at the end of a long day. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Elementary? I'll look for it. Love Dexter - what a concept! I've only watched the first 2 seasons, but wow. So creepy to root for him :)

I find 'Louie' to be the closest thing to reality I've ever seen on television. There are more uncomfortable moments in the series than there are laughs, but after I'm shuddering with embarrassment - I'm :rofl:

I hope they never stop making 'Archer' - Oh the speed of the jokes, the savvy of the writers, and Jon Benjamin. :trophy:

As far as Fringe is concerned, it used to be a great show, the successor to the X-Files that I find Supernatural cannot be ( I can't tolerate the two leads at all ) . But this last season of Fringe has taken a melodramatic turn for the worse. Sorry Anna! :wub: I hope they straighten it out by the finish. Rider, I recommend the first four seasons very very strongly.

Beanee ( and everyone else ) you have to watch 'Firefly'. A western that's set in the future, but isn't really set in the future, but it is. :) Spot on everything - acting, dialogue, plots, action, but most of all the characters are not realistic. They're truly alive. You know, I used to think Firefly was the best show ever.

But then I watched 'Lost'.

I completely ( and with unbearable sadness ) disagree with our Khett. There were very few situations or sub-plots that made me cringe, ever, not for the full run of the series. Even the end to me was perfect. And there's Evangeline Lilly running and climbing and fighting, etc. The reason I say Lost beats our Firefly is longevity only. Because Firefly is so goram great!!

I've just bought us the box set of The Sopranos: "instant violence, just add DVD player". My gf got me into it many years ago, but I've never seen the first series nor most of the second. Nor the final episode, which has a bit of a reputation of being akin to the ending of Lost or ME3, but given that the whole series was pretty much "a day in the life of some mobsters" it'd always be very hard to have a proper The End I figure.