DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Pet Thread

Beana

What kinds of pets does everyone have or want? What makes them special or what fun things do they do?

I used to have fish. One that lived to be 5 was a Jack Dempsey. He was affectionatly known as....

wait for it...

Jack. LOL! He was named after Jack Bauer. I also got a little purple fish that I added to the tank. She didn't last too long. After she passed I decided that her name was Nina. lol

So let me see pets!!! :D

lovethread_zps95f497b9.jpg

I have the WonderDog. Or she has me. My friend lives down south of St. Louis Missouri and he called me one day in '03 and asked me if I still wanted a chocolate Labrador Retriever, because a neighbor of his just unloaded a pair of female pups on him. So I said yes, drove down and she picked me, and we've been inseparable ever since. Riley the WonderDog has chased and captured over 50 rabbits in her life.

She's all hunter and an alpha dog who knows I'm the boss. If you were to play with Riley, she'd play bow and smile and wag her otter tail, and jump around like a playful dog. Lucky you - because when I used to play with her, she tried to kill me! I believe she takes it as a shot at the title - I'm the leader and when I go to play with her she charges at me and - like the movie Turner and Hooch - I have to fend for my life.

She had an arranged marriage back in '06, and delivered 9 beautiful chocolate pups of her own. I was able to find homes for all of them, and let me just say, it was not financially lucrative by any stretch of the imagination. Here's the one I named Tank:

Tank-1_zpsb7311df6.jpg

And here's Tank's mom, Riley the WonderDog:

2nd-2_zps8e52c1a4.jpg

100_1360.jpg

This is Lily. After my best friend Gabe, a English Springer Spaniel passed away I promised the wife that she could replace her kitty that I got her when we first got married and lived to the ripe old age of 17. Lily was destined to the pound and I offered to take her in and save her from a possble visit to pet heaven and so she has been with us now for almost 8 years this spring.

I have two dogs, and a selection of cats. Originally, I didn't really want a dog... but, when I saw Sophie (newfoundland/husky mix) the first time in my back yard, she trotted over, and flopped into my lap on her back, and looked up at me with her two different colored eyes, and I was hooked..... She has been nicknamed "Dirt Nose"..... and I have considered renting her out to construction companies.... she can dig a hole faster than a backhoe.....

We got Kia as a rescue. She is a pit bull/labrador mix...... although I have questions about the 'lab' part.... she is just odd..... 10 months old, about 55 pounds, and rather small.. just really stocky, and SOLID. She has been dubbed "Dances with Mice"...... it's FUNNY to watch her BOUNCE thru the tall grass in our yard, hunting them out.

The dogs are better mousers than the cats.... Dogs: 10 (at least) Cats: 0..... figger that one out......

Three cats now..... No particular breed.... (the "mutts" of cats?) Pics (and video :) ) when I can manage it.

• 3 weeks later...

That looks just WAY too familiar..... change one eye color, and that would be Sophie...... She can hear the crinkly of cellophane from the other side of the yard.... (even when you are in the house....)

I share with my dogs too..... They are now able to eat from a fork. :) (much to some of my families disgust.....)