DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Game Chat Thread

InsanitySorrow

Game Chat Thread

468px-Assassins-Creed-3-logo.jpeg

What is your favourite game?, What are you playing now?, Found any gems lately?

We have several dedicated forums for Elder Scrolls, Fallout etc, but what we don;t have is somewhere to chat about ANY game we might be playing or have been playing recently, well now we do

:lol:

The rules of TESA apply here as everywhere else. If the content you want to post or discuss contains strong language or imagery that violates the Teen (PG-13) rating, do NOT post it. Violators WILL receive a warning and possible suspension time. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.

One game I've found myself playing a lot of recently, surprising to me too, is Far Cry 3.

far-cry-3-7.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of FPS games, but I'm loving this one. From the location (Yes it does look as pretty as the pic) to the gameplay, everything is well done. The thing keeping me playing most though is the crafting, you head out into the wilderness and go hunting. Once you've killed your prey you take it's hide and use that for crafting equipment for yourself :dance:

Okay, so let me add "The Witcher" by a Polish company called CD Project Red, I got the Enhanced Edition for 10 € and it's definitely worth the money. I guess most TESians know the Triss, Ves and Geralt Armor for Oblivion and Skyrim, well, this is the original game they came from. It's completely moddable but the modding scene for the first part seems to be small or almost completely gone. It's a ARPG but the gameplay is very easy, even for double lefthanded people like me :D

It's an 18+ game (which is a bit hard, personally I would rate it 16), so be aware that there is sex, drugs and a lot of blood. Anyway, it's great fun. I can post a couple of screenies later, just need to find some PEG13 compatible ones :)

I have only played the first part so far, now playing it for a second time focusing a bit more on the signs, which is fun, specially, blowing your enemies around with level 5 Aard. The story is not bad but what kinda bugs me is the loveless design of NPCs, Armor and Weapons, using the same stuff over and over again, not even using different textures.

Jac, I have fond memories of my female Shepard. They wrote some great dialog for her- for both Shepards, actually. And, maybe it's because I'm female, but I don't think I could ever play a male Shep.

GOG is having an amazing sale right now, and so I picked up Legends of Grimrock. I love old fashioned, first person dungeon crawlers a la Wizardry, and one of my favorite Oblivion modders, Phitt, just came out with a quest mod for Grimrock that looks great. Started my game last night, and so far, so good. It's a really polished and atmospheric interpretation of a typically kinda dowdy genre, and the sound design is quite nice.

Woohoo...I`m glad I found this forum page. I got Witcher 2 for Christmas and have been feeling my way through. I did manage to get one screen during the tutorial phase before having a bit of difficulty. Overall...I`m seriously loving this game. This guy was badly in need of healing and provided me with my first taste of alchemy.

VeryBeginning01.png

Edited by donnato

Jac, I have fond memories of my female Shepard. They wrote some great dialog for her- for both Shepards, actually. And, maybe it's because I'm female, but I don't think I could ever play a male Shep.

You should try it, GW. I've previously only played male Shepards because I am male, but since Elaura wasn't rushing to play a female, I figured I'd try it to see what was different. It's different enough that I almost feel I'm playing a different game. That and I'm playing a Sentinel, which I never had before. It's an experience.

That they did, IS. They got a little sexist with the femsheps, but I can understand why - what with most of the NPCs you talk to being "men of action". I almost punched the merc recruiter when I went to get Archangel. I should have done that...maybe if I play again. :bonk:

I currently have everybody but Legion and I'm doing the loyalty quests. After that I'll do the DLCs, get Legion, then go kick some Collector butt. It'll be interesting to see what's different in ME 3. Hopefully there will be a new DLC by the time I get to it again.

I like Legion, was very surprised I'd like a Geth after shooting my way through them in ME one :lmao:

Legion is awesome- by far one of my favorite characters in ME2. :D

You should try it, GW. I've previously only played male Shepards because I am male, but since Elaura wasn't rushing to play a female, I figured I'd try it to see what was different. It's different enough that I almost feel I'm playing a different game. That and I'm playing a Sentinel, which I never had before. It's an experience.

Oh yeah, a femShep Sentinel- great fun! Anyway, at some point I may try playing a dude, but since I can always watch my husband blunder around as his dudeShep, it may be awhile. :)

I have heard people say the story line is not that long. I dunno, I have gotten my $5 out of it, and I have logged 8 hours so far, and I doubt I am even half way through the game. There are lots of missions to do, races to race, jumps to find, bandits to slay. I would say its a typical length for this type of game. Borderlands was not much bigger.

Well, yeah. I could do the Oblivion main quest in around 8 hours. If that is all I did... :P

Okay, it took me 17 hours to complete RAGE, and I didn't do 'all' of the side quests, just a bunch of them.

Its time for a second go round, and I will try to finish up all those quests and races this time. :)