DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

(OB) [Solved] Change the author and description

Tigersong

I've only had that corruption happen twice from editing author/description fields in the CS (out of thousands of times). I dunno what causes it, but it's not every plugin every time for every user, that's for sure. That said, when it does happen? OY. You'd better have a backup handy. :lmao:

• Upvote 1

I could NEVER edit those fields in the CK without corrupting my mod beyond any recognition! And it would totally lock up my computer where I would have to pull the power plug to get it to reset.

I also recommend TES4Gecko.

If you didn't want to use the CS for this, incase you're worried about what was said, use TES4 Gecko instead. There is a "Edit Description" button on the main screen.

It seems (at least to me and my novice knoledge on this) that if it's a mod you've just started, it's ok to change. But if you're trying to change someone else's mod or are changing a more advanced file (esm perhaps) it happens. I've never crashed a small plugin, but I have messed up files that were more "complicated" or downloaded.

Edited by Penguinchao

I could NEVER edit those fields in the CK without corrupting my mod beyond any recognition! And it would totally lock up my computer where I would have to pull the power plug to get it to reset.

Even the very first time when you change it from "Created by DEFAULT" to "Created by WillieSea"?

I've also experienced that sort of corruption; I thought it was just me. I'm a bit nervous of using CS on anything other than temporary files because of its tendency to do other Bad Things to plugins, though. I'm another one who likes using Wrye Bash to do stuff like that.

Ok, thanks.

Back in the day when OB was new, there were many threads on this topic, and it came down to some people have no problem, while others do. Strange that. :lol:

For me, it would say its being edited by another process, and give a neverending bunch of error pop-up messages about that. The only fix was to unplug the computer and reboot.

Edited by WillieSea

Likewise, vanilla CS. I mean, I do use the CSE now, but before it was around, I used the vanilla CS to edit those fields hundreds of times without issue. Just a couple times I had plugins go wonky. And now that I've heard your stories about how bad it goes for you, I don't even think what happened to me those times was the same, maybe the plugins were already corrupt or something. :shrug:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...