DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tem

Greetings.

I'm attempting to port ".nif" from Oblivion to Skyrim. The mesh is modder-created. Has textures. I followed "3D Craftworks: Importing Weapons into Skyrim" to the point " File>Import>Import .OBJ" . After that Nifscope shows "Error: 988 invalid index(es) in block # 37 NiTriShapeData.Triangles" . "block # ** " depends and differ upon wich skyrim 1stperson mesh I'm using. As for the image in Nifskope - it shows sword handle only to the point where visible blade image should start. The tools at my disposal - Nifskope ( latest version ), Gimp ( latest ), Fomm ( bsa only use ), CK.

I've no slightest idea what to do.

I apologize beforehand - if there is solution allready somewhere on the forums and I started a new post. I browsed and searched forums before posting - seemed to find nothing of sort. Same goes for if I posted in wrong forum folder. If I missed the existing solution redirect me to it please.

I'm a total beginner so I decided to port something I liked from Oblivion, when I was playing it, to Skyrim ( seemed a good thing to start to get a grasp of tools ). The port is for my private use only, if I'll have a wish to upload it to alliance, nexus, or somewhere else, I'll be contacting author ( 's ) and asking for permission of course. I very much respect creations of others.

Any help, advice, information, knowledge, guides, tips, etc. is greatly appreciated and welcomed. ( And awaited too :) )

Best Regards and thank you for your work and dedication.

Tem

Edited by Tem

To all those who viewed "port we" ( an unfinished post of mine ) - provider was doing some expansion resource maintenance thus network went down when someone's eager finger clicked Big Red Button few seconds earlier before backup support system of theirs kicked in. ( I had a rather lengthy and "intersting" conversation whith them ).

Allright! Greetings!

All those who have similar problems - solution found! ( All credits for solution go to Hanaisse :thumbup: ).

Solution:

Step 1: Go to ->> http://sourceforge.net/projects/niftools/files/nifskope/1.1.0/

Step 2: Download " nifskope-1.1.0-rc6-i686-w32.7z "

Step 3: Use!

There is no more problems with "error" for Me, though I only tested one mesh I'm attempring to port.

If there are still 'error' - maybe using different versions would help.

Best Regards

Tem

P.S. All coppyright...etc...

• Upvote 1