DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Movies!, Thread #1

InsanitySorrow

Just saw Top Gun in IMAX 3D. The conversion was good and the film looked great, but that wasn't my primary reason for going. My father took me to see Top Gun when it first hit theaters 27 years ago. Granted, the film is a bit mature for a 9-year-old, but I've been fascinated with military aircraft since I was...ummm...born, I think?

I greatly enjoyed the film at the time, even though I saw a lot of (technical) flaws in it. Seeing it in theaters again was a wonderful trip down memory lane, even though dad's not here to share it.

Anyone else get to see it, then or now?

No love for Jackson's Lord of the Rings films? Now those are cool- especially knowing that the weapons and armor are real.

They didn't quite do it for me. I can't quite pin down a specific reason, I think it's just that Jackson's vision and mine didn't really coincide at all: not that they were bad films, they just weren't LotR to me. I think there was a lack of the book's "Englishness" and too much "epic! Epiiiiiic!" for my taste.

The swords he had commissioned were really pretty good, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Insanity Sorrow mentioned the Matrix.

The best movie I've ever seen is also the most bizarre,Memento.

It was filmed like nothing you've ever seen.It won awards as an indie and landed Christopher Nolan the directing job of the last Batman movie.If anyone has seen Memento please post a comment.I have a question if you've seen it.If you haven't you should.The usual response from someone that saw it is "wow"!

I like older movies,probably because I'm old.lol 48.good lists though guys.

Question about the Fly with Goldblum.He was mutated into the fly because a fly got into the "capsule" thing with him.I think he even mentioned "Brundle + fly = Brundlefly(was that his name?)anyhow,when he was testing out the "capsule" he sent a steak on a plate and it was fine.shouldnt it have wound up "steakplate"? steak + plate = steakplate?

some randoms off the top for me would be:

Ten little Indians(agatha christie)

Billy Jack

Capricorn One

Jagged Edge Jeff Bridges thriller

Primal Fear Edward Norton has some good ones

Eiger Sanction one of Clint Eastwoods less popular but great

3 days of the Condor

the Osterman weekend book was better

the Town that Dreaded Sundown by far the scariest movie I've ever seen.It was a true story.After I saw that movie I was shooting baskets in my driveway and I couldn't go for more than 3 seconds without doing a 360 scan of the neighborhood and it was in the afternoon!

Meet the Parents made me laugh the whole way

Take the Money and Run woody allen so stupid its hilarious

• 2 weeks later...

No one has brought up Secondhand Lions and that's a shame. It's a coming-of-age story that involves crazy old uncles, adventures in faraway lands and a used lioness! But that only scratches the surface. Imagine such a film published by New Line Cinema with special effects by Digital Domain.

• 3 months later...

Here's a list of films I enjoy due to both my interests and simply they are enjoyable:

1. Deuce of Spades - A movie about everlasting love and hot rods. To be short. There's this girl hot rodder that finds an old 32' roadster in a barn at a lady's place. It's in so great condition but as every rodder or gearhead, we simply disassemble parts to see how things work. While she does this she discovers an old letter intriguing her to find out the history of this car and it's previous owner.

2. Warning, Parental Advisory - A movie about rock and the music industry. Not too great, but very interesting if you like Twisted Sister or Frank Zappa. This takes place when tapes and vinyl records owned the market of music. The music industry wants to carry through the bill of taxing home-tapers. Much like the trouble with pirates today. Yaharrr!

3. Christine - A stephen King book moved onto the screen. It tells the tale of a '58 Plymouth Fury, which has... you might say a soul or spirit. Anyway it's evil and jealous. It comes with good music from the 50's and is a tale of love and jealousy on a higher level.

4. Hysteria, the def leppard story - The story of the british band of Def Leppard. How it came to and how it climbed higher as a band during the 80's. Worth a look if you like the music and Def Leppard.

5. La Bamba - The story of Ritchie Valens. The young rock singer/guitarist who died with buddy holly and the big bopper.

6. World's fastest Indian - The tell of Burt Monroe, the one who remade his old motorcycle to break world speed records on the salt flats. Watch Anthony Hopkins take on a journey. A true tale about an old man who makes his wish come true.

I know these movies are mostly rock 'n roll and cars/motorcycles. But I grew up with most of 'em and I gladly recommend it to you people who feel you need to watch something new or something that relates to either your music taste or your other hobbies.

• Upvote 1