DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

We Have Prayed...and the Server Gods Have Answered!

DarkRider

TES Alliance is Moving to a New Server

Hail Patrons, VIPs, Scholars, Guild Members, Staff, Allies and of course, Guests! :wave:

Everyone has no doubt caught wind of the server woes that have plagued TESA since early last year. We love that TESA is growing by leaps and bounds, that more than ever modders are flocking here to learn the craft, to share their knowledge and creations, and all good folk who love gaming as much as we do are finding a niche here to call home! :loveTESA:

The more we grew, the higher the demands of the site became for our humble shared server. First it was processing caps dropping us offline for a few minutes here and there, files or requests timing out, then we started to hit the script overloads that caused our host to take us down for hours, even days at a time. :faint:

The best solution for TESA is to have her own server, but servers are expensive. While donations and memberships usually cover all the recurring software fees and the occasional server fee, the majority of those server fees are coming out of my pocket. We don't make any regular revenue here we can count on; we have bursts of generosity mixed with droughts of dusty coin jars. :lmao:

So we faced the possibility of losing TESA forever, or finding a way to get her a server of her own. :blink:

That's when the benefactors and investors appeared. A few generous souls who have emerged, mysteriously, and with intent, from the mists to help bear the load of a private server so that TESA can carry on serving our fine community! :toast:

Our goal, is to eventually build and run our own server, independent of any host so that we can control, expand, and upgrade the server as our needs increase. For now, this is a major stay of execution, and a most welcome one. I want to say a special thanks to Hanaisse, who not only stepped up as one of our investors, but also gave me the encouragement I needed to approach others and get us a good solid support system in place. We are eternally grateful to all our benefactors and investors who have started us off in the new year with strength. We'll make sure you are rewarded in our own way. :tesa: <-- Maybe not setting you on fire?

Breathe easy now Alliance, we're almost in the clear! :dance: The new server has been configured, in the next 24-72 hours the site will be migrated. We foresee minimal downtime, but I'll have more on that later. Cookies on the house!

DarkRider and the TESA Team

UPDATE: Our move to the new server is almost complete. Our domain is going to be changed over now, could flip in just a few minutes, could take up to 48hours for it to finish. We will remain online but any files uploaded or content posted during this transition from here forward may be lost, so refrain from posting any significant content until I update again when the domain has been propagated to the new server. :salute:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: As the DNS begins to propagate for physical locations around the globe, the copy of the board on the new server is missing some post data (thread posts and PMs) from last night and this morning. This is just fallout from the length of the transfer due to TESA's sheer size. I'm going to attempt to resynch the two boards by copying over the missing data before I close the old server, but to make sure no new data is created I will need to take the board offline. Hopefully not for long, but I'll be taking it down at 3:30EST

We apologize for any inconvenience and will have the site up and running in no time! Pardon our dust! :D

In addition to the server move, we are due for some maintenance and software updates, so the construction hats are up on the logo, we'll take them down when we're done shifting things around, just be aware the site may be a bit bumpy for a bit yet :good:

UPDATE: The board content has been re synched so we should have minimal data loss, the only things that will be missing would have been posted by folks who slid in early in the DNS propagation sequence and posted to the new server. If you have friends who do not have access yet, please inform them it may take an additional 48 hours to have the DNS updated in their area. :good:

Just a reminder, we are still working on the site, but posts, PMs, and user content should be safe to resume normal activity on. :salute: