DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

A White Horse from Anvil

KettleWitch

KettleWitch here,

Who am I?

I'm an old fart systems engineer who has never played an Elder Scrolls game before Skyrim. As you can imagine this made the challenge question for registration, challenging.

I played New Vegas with mods but never modded a Game before, until my first Skyrim mod over at

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30473

(unless you count using 'PEEKS and POKES' on a ZXSpectrum).

I Pinched the Model's and Textures from TESA's Skyrim Resource Kit so figured the least I could do was call in, say Hello and Thank you!

What do I have to offer?

Jack of all trades, master of none I suppose.

Originally trained as a ships radio officer, hold degrees in Electronic Engineering and Telecommunications.

Worked for Alcatel in France for years, mostly as an Engineering Trainer but also in Site Commissioning and Technical Documentation.

Moved back to Ireland there over ten years ago to work for General Electric, mostly with Oil and Gas Sensing equipment.

Gainfully unemployed at the moment so one thing I have to offer in abundance to a project is time.

Strengths: I know enough to know I know nothing.

Weaknesses: Real Ale, Tobacco, Red Headed women.

Blender: Can model basic weapons and items (no armor, no good enough yet) and get an error free object and UV map into NifSkope. (really need to start playing with armor and skeletons).

GIMP: The real thing holding me back is a lack of any artistic ability. Other then that I'm competent.(just interested in putting the hours in to get better texturing UV's).

Mudbox: basic competency. I used to paint a lot of warhammer miniatures when I was younger. Being able to 'paint' an object in 3d makes it easier for me, but techniques I know like washes, shading, drybrushing, etc aren't transferring over very quickly. (just interested in getting better)

NifSkope: Basic Inport/Export, texture/effect paths, manipulation and clean up. Can then get them in game. (NifSkope fills me with excitement and dread in equal measures. I really want to get into controller sequence key framed animations, awesome effects criminally underused in the game.)

SKSE/Papyrus: While not a programmer by trade I know my way around a script. As a general rule I can bring my level of ability with a programming language up to whatever standard is required for the job. (Interested in getting into quest scripting)

CK: Still lots to learn but I'm over the initial 'Wall'. (interested in learning how to create world spaces)

I pretty sure linking to mods hosted elsewhere is a no, no here but I saw a few others had done it as part of the introduction. I won't make a habit of it, but it really is the only proof I have I'm not just full of it.

I will get it up here once my posts are cleared and I'm sure about posting rules. Then you can decide for yourselves.

PS: the whole 'Social Networking' thing passed me by (Old Fart, as mentioned), so please be patient with me if I'm not aux fait with stuff you take for granted.

All the best,

KW

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the welcome everyone, don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

Also I believe I should say thank you for the cookies (thanks khettienna!), but I'm not sure what to do with them other then keep some fella called jack away from them.

@Mannimagnus

Can't go far without finding a head, love it! Thanks for the welcome and cookie.

@ grond

What can I say brother, the holy trinity.

Also I believe I should say thank you for the cookies (thanks khettienna!), but I'm not sure what to do with them other then keep some fella called jack away from them.

Yes, I've heard about this "Jack" person, you should be wary around him. Speaking of which, I'll help you hide your cookies. :cookie:

I married a red head, so I know the attraction. ;)

Welcome! If you see that "Jack" person, tell him to stay away from my cookies! :cookie4u:

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

@tigersong and @arion

Hey thanks guys, sorry i didn'y say thank you sooner, i've been lost in the strange world of mod making getting telescope up to ver 0.92. Good lord, why is everything about this game engine so hard to learn :)

@arion

We may move slowly, but we move with purpose.

@tigersong

Thanks for the back up my friend. I've FINALY figured out what the deal with cookies is so expect one your way :)

Edit: I just gave everyone here a cookie but ran out before I could give one to InsanitySorrow. I shall return with cookies tomorrow!

Edited by KettleWitch
  • Upvote 1