DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] terrain broken with photoshop

PelinalWhitestrake

I'm trying to make a heightmap through photoshop, but when I import it in CK with tesannwyn most of the terrain results broken, screenshots:

http://s1295.beta.ph...254d08.jpg.html?

http://s1295.beta.ph...2f9b27.jpg.html?

I can't figure out why this happens because I didn't use any biggest difference in level , this is a screenshot of the heightmap in photoshop, 4096x4096 pixels and displayed in 1:1 ratio in the point where there are the biggest differences in level of my heightmap:

http://s1295.beta.ph...2ad930.jpg.html

how you can see there aren't so big differences, when I used tesannwyn I wrote:

TESAnnwyn.exe -i Skyrim -p 1 -b 16 -d 4096x4096 -x -64 -y -64 -h -22192 -s 0.250 -w name name.raw

So I even reduced a lot the vertical scale, it should flatten the terrain and reduce differences in level, but the result is still what you can see in those two screenshots.

I don't know if the problem could be that I created first the heightmap within CK and then exported it into photoshop to expand it with other terrain but not modifying what I made within CK (I find it easier with CK because it has a more graduated scale but it allows only 2048x2048 heightmaps so I had to use photoshop to put more parts together). And when I tried to see the terrain after doing its heightmap within the CK before exporting it, the terrain wasn't broken.

Thanks to anyone who answers.

I have already seen hoddminir's page and I followed all his instructions, no greyscale >75%, save as .raw, ibm pc, header 0, 16 bit, single layer.

furthermore if I use geocontrol2 the terrain becomes even more broken, even though I use one of hoddminir's settings (but this is a minor problem for now).

Edited by PelinalWhitestrake

however I made another heightmap without that problem I explained and imported it (with tesannwyn because it is the only way I know) but when I open CK loading the file.esp with the heightmap, CK stops loading. could it be because that heightmap is big? (4608x4608 pixels) Is there any way to solve this problem?

tesannwyn settings used: TESAnnwyn.exe -i Skyrim -p 1 -b 16 -d 4096x4096 -x -72 -y -72 -h -50192 -s 0.500 -w test test.raw

if there are better ways to import heightmaps, good to know

• 2 years later...

however I made another heightmap without that problem I explained and imported it (with tesannwyn because it is the only way I know) but when I open CK loading the file.esp with the heightmap, CK stops loading. could it be because that heightmap is big? (4608x4608 pixels) Is there any way to solve this problem?

tesannwyn settings used: TESAnnwyn.exe -i Skyrim -p 1 -b 16 -d 4096x4096 -x -72 -y -72 -h -50192 -s 0.500 -w test test.raw

if there are better ways to import heightmaps, good to know

Well going by what you typed unles it is a typo your problem is your map is a diffrent size then what you set in tesannwyn   (4608x4608 pixels)  vs 4096x4096   that could be your issue