DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #38

InsanitySorrow

I didn't know where to post about this, so forgive me if this wasn't the place.

What made me suddenly decide to return to computers and playing games on them, well you see in September I bought a galaxy S5 and discovered Google's play store and it's app's and custom icon widget themes like this steampunk live wallpaper skull and icon widget theme http://i.imgur.com/8N9AGxf.jpg I started purchasing a bunch of these types of themes and found myself spending over a hundred or two on them treating my phone like it was a game and then I said to myself stop spending money on idiotic things like this and buy a new PC.

So that is why I've returned to Computers and gaming again, It's been since March 2013 since I played any of my favorite games..

Edited by craigsters
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know where to post about this, so forgive me if this wasn't the place.

What made me suddenly decide to return to computers and playing games on them, well you see in September I bought a galaxy S5 and discovered Google's play store and it's app's and custom icon widget themes like this steampunk live wallpaper skull and icon widget theme http://i.imgur.com/8N9AGxf.jpg I started purchasing a bunch of these types of themes and found myself spending over a hundred or two on them treating my phone like it was a game and then I said to myself stop spending money on idiotic things like this and buy a new PC.

So that is why I've returned to Computers and gaming again, It's been since March 2013 since I played any of my favorite games..

Good decision. I must be one of those dumbphone holdouts who are hesitant on picking up a smartphone, as I insist on complete practicality.

---------

BTW, Polygon has a little writeup on Skyrim screenarchery:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/3/7326599/skyrim-players-are-taking-screenshots-to-dramatic-new-heights

Good decision. I must be one of those dumbphone holdouts who are hesitant on picking up a smartphone, as I insist on complete practicality.

---------

BTW, Polygon has a little writeup on Skyrim screenarchery:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/3/7326599/skyrim-players-are-taking-screenshots-to-dramatic-new-heights

I have issues with carrying around an electronic device that is smarter than I am......

My new computer is in transit with UPS/brown and should be delivered today or tomorrow.

Also I spent $120 on Pc games during steams exploratory black Friday sale and I bought a USB xbox 360 controller for Windows at EB games and then went to factory direct to buy a surge power bar for my new PC.

I finally got my new PC yesterday but it came with a partition drive and they only allowed 95 gigabytes for the C:drive and 900 gigabytes for the G:drive and so I found a steam support page that mentioned how to move steam and games to your G:drive https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129  the steam article helped and now my games install on the G:drive which has the most room.

here's a link to a imgur screen shot of my  drives and what not.

http://i.imgur.com/MOG5JEF.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/MOG5JEF.jpg

I never install games to my C drive (given a choice). Everything I get from steam goes to my G drive ... zips get archived to my H archive drive. I have multiple HDDs.

Haha, my games drive is G: too.  Well, it's now overflowed onto H: due to G: getting a bit too crowded.  Archives, add-ons, patches and what-not go onto my V: network drive.  Not sure why I gave it that letter, but it means that videos can't have it now.  Oh well.

I installed 42 and they come to 461 gigabytes, I didn't install 19 of my games because they needed either Pinnacle Game Profiler  or like Sims 3 which was strictly mouse and keyboard played, and I didn't install The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim because of the base game issues I'm having with it.

I posted about my skyrim issue at another forum and a member there said it's a directx issue and referred me to a steam forum thread with how to fix the issue  http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2528710  but I still think if I buy another DVD/CD rom copy of skyrim that it well install, because I only had bought all the dlc's from steam and my base game was retail bought.

Haha, my games drive is G: too.  Well, it's now overflowed onto H: due to G: getting a bit too crowded.  Archives, add-ons, patches and what-not go onto my V: network drive.  Not sure why I gave it that letter, but it means that videos can't have it now.  Oh well.

Funny, I also installed Skyrim to drive G because of the same crowding issue, and I have yet to get a few more bucks to buy a spanking new 1tb drive.

What is the "system drive  (D:)"  for ? I tried to  backup a game there and the drive wouldn't allow it, is it a over flow drive for  C drive?  sorry for my ignorance on this matter, my PC  know how his limited to installing ram and video cards and updating video cards and adding  lines to ini files and creating text document bat batch files for games.

You're system Drive D: is a small partition that Windows 7 (I assume that's what you are using since I am unfamiliar with Win 8) adds to put its system file on. Its for protecting the critical system files in windows and usually also stores a limited number of system restore files. I don't know if you did an upgrade install or not, but with a clean install here that partition is hidden and is the first partition on the drive. (unless my system partition has some drive label outside the ones I currently show)

• 1 month later...

Nice looking interior shin but I don`t understand what you`re trying to show.

Maybe if you had a running commentary on the vid it would help explain what was going on there.  I'm dying to see the armory, don't you have any screenshots yet?

• Upvote 1

Been trying to get into Dwarf fortress lately, as much as i'm loving the depth and utter hilarity of the game (Giant trout that can kill you) can anyone recommend any mods that..ehem, make it more visually appealing? (There's WAY too many tilesets out there.)

I've fallen in love with the miss-named "Sexy" series - really don't know what made him name these mods sexy, but beautiful and gorgeous are much better descriptoers for his mods = Sexy Whiterun, Sexy Solitude, Sexy boats, Sexy Riften, Sexy Towns and Villages, Sexy College of Winterhold, etc -  don't worry, there is nothing sexy in the mod, just gorgeous makeovers of the above cities.

• Upvote 1

oh, the smileys up above are "lord of the rings in a nutshell".

first, we got dem warg scouts,

getting wasted by not very heavy armored warriors that poke them a little,

then gabba-gandalf does shrooms and stops the cops on his door to not find his secret stash (YOU SHALL NOT PASS!)

then the riders of rohan ride in circles because gabba-gandals shared some stuff with them,

and lastly after they come down they figure it could make sense to gear up and rip ye ole sauron a new cavity right after knockin on his door.

Edited by Ragna_Rok
  • Upvote 1