InsanitySorrow

The Lurker's Lair #38

185 posts in this topic

Careful, IS might see this and decide to unleash his skills once more.

@sa547 Thanks for the 3 links! Lots of food for thought :yes:

Found this here XnView, which includes the ability to handle and view DDS files:

http://www.xnview.com/en/index.php

Gonna try this out and if it's very good, I'll make it as a replacement for ACDSee 12, which has been limited to some formats but no DDS support.

Careful, IS might see this and decide to unleash his skills once more.

Not for Skyrim I won't :P

Found this here XnView, which includes the ability to handle and view DDS files:

http://www.xnview.com/en/index.php

Gonna try this out and if it's very good, I'll make it as a replacement for ACDSee 12, which has been limited to some formats but no DDS support.

Hmmm, batch converter, ehh?  Bookmarked... hmmm... strokes imaginary beard...

It's been waaay too long since I last stopped into the Lurker's Lair to say something... ahmaghad, something's eating me! I got two ugly looking big mosquito bites on my arm. >_< In more substantial news, in the past few months I've been getting into the world of sound design, mostly playing with creature effects for now, but soon , I shall have all the colors of the rainbow to play with. Also been getting into Dota 2, finally starting to pick up on Guild Wars 2 after preording it 250 years ago (done being grumpy about the changes from 1st to 2nd game, in other words... ok, maybe still a smidge.) Also been playing Diablo 2 of all things as of late. O_o

Today I got to hold a kingsnake while volunteering at the Institute of Marine Mammal Research, in addition to my usual adventures in handfeeding sharks, cownose rays, and stingrays.

Also, I entered the lair of the dragon. I came out with this. It's Daku, she says hi.

dakulivesresize.jpg
dakulivesresize2.jpg

Edited by Jheuloh

J ... your dragon looks healthy and happy...I forget her name...

Being a bit bored, I decided to do a little shout on a certain last-year flop.

One Billion-pixel 360º view of Mars Mars Link

Make sure you checkout the individual detail shots at the right, as well.

Tonight is well on its way to a SuperMoon where it is the closest to the earth. Tonight its the closest it'll be again for a few more years. Thought some might like to see one of my pics I took with my camera tonight.

DSCF0082_zps01bccb9e.jpg

aaand, it looks like any other moon.

Silly media coining silly terms for things they don't really understand.

I wonder if anyone has gotten around to create a Shout mod that best uses "the Sound" in that movie. :lol:

Stick with this long enough to see what she's doing... It is mind blowing - IMHO:

Came across this... says that in a few clicks Flatiron can do more than 3DSMax, but as this is a commercial product, we'll have to fork over some Cs for it:

http://www.texturebaking.com/features-benefits/

Also, since I included an outhouse in one of my mods, I'll leave this link of interest about outhouses:

http://weburbanist.com/2010/03/28/outstanding-in-their-field-10-outrageous-outhouses/

Edited by sa547

Leianne had us all drooling and drowning when she told us about her pork roast in the oven,,,, So when she sent a picture it was so good I had to make it my desktop....

here is her roast in all its glory

MyDesktop_zpsc694ba47.jpg

Edited by Arion

:rofl:  I can't believe you made it a desktop!!!

oh my gosh, look at that roast! When can I move in?

Now you're going to be hungry every time you boot your computer! :lmao:

Speaking of desktops, changed mine last night to my newest collage of the album covers of my favourite artists. :)

Desktop_zpsd043c693.png

I guess its official I am old. I don't recognize any of them artists.

Not at all. I just have a really eclectic taste in music. :teehee: And they're nearly all British, only Lana Del Rey and Christina Perri are American.

The only artist there that you might recognize is Adele, because she's the most famous. Over 30 million fans and 6 grammy awards. :)

Everyone else is a lot less famous than her. Ed Sheeran would be the next most famous, nearly 7 million fans, and then everyone else is below him somewhere, some with several hundred thousand fans, others as low as around 50,000 fans.

If you recognize any of these artists, who most everyone else in my age bracket listens to - Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Eminem, Will.I.Am, the Black Eyed Peas, Nicki Minaj, One Direction or Rihanna - then you're mostly up to date with the music industry. :)

I've heard of a few, perhaps because I know some of those strange creatures known as "young people". :laugh: I've even watched a few perform on Jools Holland's music programme, which is usually safe territory for us oldies!

Justin Bieber reminds me of a kid trying to be an adult. I chuckle every time I see the ad for his fragrance.