DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #38

InsanitySorrow

I think I'm going to be learning a lot more this trip through FO3 since I've added  realistic lighting, weather mods as well as a couple that light up various areas like megatron with all the lighted signs, or some of the street lights at various other locations. But the real thing I'm going to have to adapt to is that at night over all you can't see you hand in front of you face. Going to have to learn to deal with it and my night vision goggles don't seem to really help as much as they did before.

Fun fun fun....

Yeah, I finally dumped the 'realistic' lighting. I don't know why they can't just make it a little bit darker, instead of pitch black. When I lived in the boondocks away from all city lights, I could see just fine by all the stars and especially when the moon was out. It was only pitch black when there were clouds or fog.

So it does not seem so 'realistic' to me...

I guess I liked the "realistic lighting" because it made it feel realistically creepy!  Even if it was actually darker than you'd get IRL.  Same deal with Oblivion, too.  The only time I didn't really care for that sort of thing was an option for extra-dark dungeons in Skyrim which made them almost totally impossible to navigate at any time, which became quite fatiguing.

Oh, and yeah, I've imagined my character as also being fairly fastidious about keeping clean, one of the captions from an early screenshot of her bathing in a lake being something to the effect of washing all the goblin phlegm out of her hair and trying to remove the smell of ogre's BO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/13/5795778/project-flare-square-enix-e3-skyrim

Square said the full world map was 32 kilometers by 32 kilometers -- 17 times the size of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim by the company's estimates.

Read this: 17 times the size of Skyrim. And they're not keeping this engine proprietary.

Problem is, it may require supercomputers to deliver that much.

Edited by sa547

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny >>

An airline captain was breaking in a new blonde stewardess. The route they were flying had a layover in another city. Upon their arrival, the captain showed the stewardess the best place for airline personnel to eat, shop and stay overnight.

The next morning, as the pilot was preparing the crew for the day's route, he noticed the new stewardess was missing. He knew which room she was in at the hotel and called her up wondering what happened. She answered the phone, crying, and said she couldn't get out of her room. "You can't get out of your room?" the captain asked, "Why not?"

The stewardess replied: "There are only three doors in here," she sobbed, "one is the bathroom, one is the closet, and one has a sign on it that says 'Do Not Disturb'!"

:rofl:
Edited by donnato

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...