DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Fast travel and doors force a reboot

elias64

Anyone ever have a problem getting stuck at the load screens when fast traveling or using doors? The animation for the load screen keeps moving but it doesn't advance.The only thing I've done recently is added skse.

I only have mjoll the lioness following and lydia housecarling at home,maiq the liar installed but not following and 2 horses that fast travel.Too many things following ???

No. Now that I've been playing with it fast travel is random,smaller doors like the east empire co at windhelm docks usually work.The big city doors DO NOT WORK. Fast travel to get inside windhelm is not working.I just joined the stormcloaks and trying to get the jagged crown to ulfric.

For a temporary fix can I console something like "coc palaceofthekings" or something similar?

I've got to fix the problem but in the meantime I'm itching for a fight and so is mjoll.I just don't want to much gametime to pass while I'm running around with ulfric's crown.lol

I noticed I have a folder called "skyrim" within my folder called "skyrim".It contains only a file called "skyrim prefs configuration settings",this is the skyrim prefs ini. Is this correct?

I ask this because I know in the past when manually installing mods you always had to make sure no meshes and textures folders wound up within meshes and textures folders.

No mods for windhelm or civil war directly with the exception of calixto's house being player owned.The more I try to play the more I'm not seeing a pattern for the freezes.

I uninstalled skse and skyui that was dependant on it but it didn't change things so I reinstalled it.Not sure what to try next.

I'll definitely use your levelers tower mod.I did uninstall skyui but it still did the same thing so I reinstalled it.I'm not sure if I need to leave it uninstalled for a while but i'll try that.

I'm not crashing to desktop but I get stuck at the loading screen with the smoke and the animation character slowly moving in and out while I'm fed tidbits of game lore.

Currently running 21 mods but my gtx 260 is weak for skyrim.Its doing fine with settings on high but I want to go ultra and use some hi-res packs.

If you have a weak card, you probably really do NOT want to use Hi-Def texture packs, or use Ultra settings. If you think 'waiting' on the smoke screen is bad now, just wait until you try that. It probably can't load all those textures to your card, so it struggles along really slowly.

And if your getting messages, just how long are you waiting? With your settings, it could just take a while...

From what I 'heard', the MCM does not uninstall when you remove the SkyUI. But I have not looked into it so I don't know.

I am still using an older version of SkyUI which is 'tame'.

Edited by WillieSea
  • Upvote 1

I agree about the settings.I meant I'd like to go ultra and try hi-res packs but of course not with this card.

I wasn't very clear about the smoke screen loading page.It either loads on the first message or its not going to and will just keep giving messages.There's no waiting,its on or its not going to go.

I uninstalled skyui,I don't know about mcm either,and so far the door problem hasn't happened.There's a lot going on with the new patch and I'm using the steam launcher atm.I read in steam forums that my skse version is ok with new patch but it wont launch with the skse loader so I'm pretty sure I'm waiting for a skse update before using the skse loader again.

Man there are some rude folks on the steam workshop comments pages! Not to me,I haven't posted there but I'm amazed at the things being said and asked of the authors of mods there.They act like they've backed the author with money or something by the outrageous requests they make.Actually the stuff I've read is rude even if they had given the author money.

Reading the comments under InsanitySorrow's latest release,not unique uniques but the dual turquoise swords,made me wanna choke a few people or at least leave them some rude comments.I did neither but it's just crazy.Some peoples children....

The leveler's tower is incredible WillieSea! I didn't look at any comments about it because I'm sick of reading "you couldve put another room here" or made this thing bigger or smaller,or that thing darker or lighter"...ok I'm going to stop ranting about steam commenters now.

My mod is much too big for the steam workshop. For the most part, people on the Nexus act more like adults when they leave comments. At least on my mod they do. Us authors have some much stronger tools at our disposal to moderate the comments as well.

I updated SKSE today and it works fine with v1.9 of the game. I also have the Uncapper working even though its an older version. So you should have no troubles with the SKSE launcher unless something else is wrong. Did you delete the 'old' SKSE DLL files from your Skyrim folder? I found this is important.

Its odd about the messages page. If its still giving new messages, that means it 'should' still be loading, just slowly. When it freezes on me, I get just a black screen or it just CTD's.

Edited by WillieSea
  • Upvote 1