DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY]-[REQ] Valkyrie Race Mod.

Emma1992

Well according to a Wiki page...

"In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who decide which soldiers die in battle and which live. Selecting among half of those who die in battle (the other half go to the goddess Freyja's afterlife field Fólkvangr), the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. There, the deceased warriors become einherjar. When the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnarök, the valkyries bear them mead. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens, and sometimes connected to swans or horses.

Valkyries are attested in the Poetic Edda, a book of poems compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources; the Prose Edda and Heimskringla (by Snorri Sturluson), and Njáls saga, a Saga of Icelanders, all written in the 13th century. They appear throughout the poetry of skalds, in a 14th century charm, and in various runic inscriptions.

The Old English cognate terms wælcyrge and wælcyrie appear in several Old English manuscripts, and scholars have explored whether the terms appear in Old English by way of Norse influence, or reflect a tradition also native among the Anglo-Saxon pagans. Scholarly theories have been proposed about the relation between the valkyries, the norns, the dísir, Germanic seeresses, and shieldmaidens. Archaeological excavations throughout Scandinavia have uncovered amulets theorized as depicting valkyries. In modern culture, valkyries have been the subject of works of art, musical works, video games and poetry."

(Information sited http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie)

As fas as information goes, that should cover you.

For the ingame stuff though, I'm looking to have the race more geared for Melee comabt, with heavy armor. I image two handed or sheild and sword/axe forsome racial stuf as well as buff to over all health and stamina (maybe like 20 or 30 points when starting a new charecter) For the racial spell I would say maybe a spell called Battle Cry/ Odin Fury (Spell gives the player a 30 second burst of 100 health and stamina, May only be used once per day).

Appearane should be almost Angelic yet still have that tough look about them, like nords. Having a Valkyrie companion would be cool to (maybe have her waiting about in Savengard). So to some it up, looking for a very powerful looking women who is also easy on the eyes.

(And cookies for whom ever can make a presences like me!)

• Upvote 1

Ah, so you were talking about actual valkyrie.

Well, I guess a simple form would be get a nord and slap some wings on them. As for the abilities, not overly difficult. Looks on the other hand, it would be easier if you had a custom skin mod maybe, as the defaults are rather rugged and dirty looking.

But aside from that, they would look like any other NPC with a custom skin and average armor,

I would say perhaps finding a skin texture replacer for the smoother and better looking skin(depending on overall looks) Nord for race as it'd make sense there. Armor wise, closest out there would be Savior's hide, or a modified steel or steel plate armor. Steel without pauldrons and a skirt attached(would need some model tweaking to work) to handle the attire there. Steel plate would be more form fitted. As a Corselet which is what they wore is basically a breastplate without pauldrons or arm guards. Light mail was common for the norsefolk. Money wasn't a strongsuit, however since we're talking about the Aesir(Norse gods) money's not an issue.. so a nice breastplate, possibly polished or engraved with nordic runes.

So new skin texture set

new hair with textures

new armor

Spears IF we can get the DLC until then a sword would work.

Nord for race... the cosmetics should be easily to come by. It's the armor, weapons and such that need some shopping around or a nice armor made up with good textures... which reminds me I need to get working on. And it's nice to see i'm not the only one thinking about something for Valkyries with this game.