DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Beta] NifUtils-Suite

neomonkeus

First of all: Thank you Mr. Skyfox for this outstanding tool! And thank you Mr. Neomonkeus for giving us a platform to discuss it.

---

Found an issue:

With the current version I do not recommend to convert a BoxShape collision.

When I used a template with a BoxShape, the result was that the outcoming file has a copy of the template-collision, not the box-shape of my new nif.

When I used a template with a bhkCompressedMeshShape (like a farmhouse or a farmbannerpost), NifUtils will create a collision from the complete mesh, which may result in very high-poly collision.

Edited by Tamira

A new version has been built and made available for download via OP with fixes for issues as requested by RonRay and others to review pre-requisities. 

Additionally new utilities have been included such as the requested ability to prep a nif for Skyrim, i.e F03 -> Sky until the Blender Nif Scripts have been updated.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

First also, thanks for the great Nifutils suite and a big hug to Skyfox  :thumbup: . I must admit that it's a tool that give me big headaches in last time, together with the CK, can be a price for Sky modding.

I found some (collision) issues (with 1.1.1.900)

1. The BoxShape, on a custom rug, it has a small box in the middle, everything else around it was hollow.

2. The bhkConvexVerticesShape on clutter, the collision is displaced and smaller than the model (tested in CK).

The bhkCompressedMeshShape works fine, except for the chunk materials, I can't assign more than two chunk materials.

And just one noob question: the Model viewer, how it is activated? :unsure: 

@garnet 18:

In the current version primitive shapes like box shapes are not supported as well as clutter collision. As for primitive shapes and ConvexVerticesShape: Skyfox is working on these features at the moment.

Model viewer: select your nif in the output or input folder and click on the magnifier symbol it will show you the mesh with collision in the Model Viewer

• 5 months later...

Just bringing this to the attention of those of us lost in the world of creating collision.

ChunkMerge MOPP Collision Crash Fix.

While the author claims every collision created in ChunkMerge is wrong, I'm skeptical. So far, what I've created has had no issues. However, the Unofficial Skyrim Patch team did just run into a situation with a new collision created on an architecture piece that was causing game crashes (but oddly, only in clear weather). Running the mesh through this tool did fix the issue. So it has some merit.

I have used ChunkMerge many times during the conversions of Stroti's resources for Skyrim, I had no problems at all and no problems were reported so far.

I only had problems with some other meshes (= mostly Skyrim meshes) where there was no existing collision from older games and where ChunkMerge created a collision from the mesh itself - which is not really the recommended usage for complex meshes.