DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQ] [SKY] Alduin Retextures

Dark_Ansem

We had a texture challenge here at TESA and the challenge was to retexture a creature. I chose the dragon and his was the best suited to changing based on the texture patterns that I looked at. Fairly easy to retexture once you figure out what parts are what. Its a bit tricky setting the skin to the creature in the CK.. If you can change textures you probably ran into trouble with applying that in the CK. It took me a while to figure that out.

I'll PM you some screenshots from nifscope you can see the vaious parts and where they are on the finished model. I can't attach them to this forum.

Edited by Arion

I'll look into these tonight and see what I can do... Last week was pretty much a rush to get as much of my computer put back together from scratch before we went on vacation for a few days.... Should have something by Friday for you to look at.

• Upvote 1

I've been working on it and this is what I have so far..

Not sure how well the chest is going to work as its pretty difficult to tell how much of a piece actually goes to the chest and how much of some of it goes up the side and across the back. It's mostly trial and error and mostly error.

Pictures Removed for clarity

Edited by Arion
  • Upvote 1

Bottom

DarkA04_zps49bd3ce2.jpg

DarkA03_zpsf06db68d.jpg

The body is as close as I can get it to your color scheme. If I lighten up the red is sort of turns a redish brown because of the overlay. I might lighten it some  a bit to see how much more I can adjust it without washing out the red. I made the head black so that it balances with the black ridge spine, but planning on doing some more coloring to make it fit in with the rest of the color scheme.. Its pretty touchy getting some parts of the texture colorized and leaving parts.

Feedback needed  !!!!

In Game Screens

2013-04-27_00005_zpsb1a6c346.jpg

2013-04-27_00004_zpsdc98ffd2.jpg

This is kind of the idea I had for the head.

DarkA05_zps99976da5.jpg

Edited by Arion
  • Upvote 1

You're going to have to give me some feedback on this.... Colors are kind of bright right now in game because I need to redo the environment map and make some adjustments. Mainly need to know if the colors are in the places you wanted.

• Upvote 1

This looks to be the best I can get it.......

2013-04-27_00007_zps46d29b10.jpg

2013-04-27_00006_zpsefbca152.jpg

Texture Screen

DarkA06_zpsa846bbef.jpg

I can change the tongue to something else if you want :)

Otherwise if this is acceptable I'll package it up for you.

Is this for personal use or for a mod? The way its set up now it is NOT a texture replacer. It has its own mesh.

Edited by Arion
  • Upvote 3