DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

A computer for Red (Aka WhoGuru)

_echo

I am not comfortable with taking donations for helping a friend out. If anything making sure she has everything she needs comes first and if there are any funds left over maybe Rider can hold on to them as a emergency fund for someone else in need or go toward the site. We're all family here and being able to help each other when we can is what it is all about.

• Upvote 1

Unless someone else has offered, I thought Khett was going to look a the thrift shops by here and see if there was something affordable and feasible. Thrift store here does not accept computer components of any kind anymore because they aren't able to dispose of electronics as required by local laws when people drop off junk.

Maybe there are some local computer shops which have used monitors that they sell cheap that they've picked up from businesses or eductional institutions off lease or as a trade in. I used to do that with my business years ago but the local business here I refuse to even go in his shop, if you can call it that.

I'll look and see what I can find refurbished as far as a monitor, and a keyboard and mouse (if we need that as well - should be about $25)

Edit : Refurbished monitors http://biz.tigerdirect.com/applications/refurb/refurb_slc.asp?CatId=12&category=Monitors

New mouse - http://biz.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=500862&CatId=143

New Keyboard - http://biz.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=437577&CatId=534

New Keyboard and Mouse Combo - http://biz.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=281698&CatId=1482

That's just some ideas....

PS.. if you can't access these links let me know as I was logged in under my corporate account.

Edited by Arion
  • Upvote 1

Good someone brought it up. I was thinking on what do do with any extra funds if there were any and was considering just putting it back into TESA, but if a more worthy cause comes up (Like a monitor) then that works too. I wasnt planning on keeping the left overs either way.

• Upvote 1

Looking good. Ill possibly be shipping on Thursday.

Has shipping gone up that much recently? Wow!

Well the box is 23x23x10 and probably will weigh about 30-35 pounds. I was actually expecting it to be higher XD
  • Upvote 1

I contributed a large sum from my paypal account, which only receives money from donations for my mod on the Nexus. The way I see it, its really not my money anyway and I am happy to help out a friend with it. But, I do need to let it build up so I can make it to Moddercon in 2014...

• Upvote 1

So as it stands, I have the computer, complete with video card, CPU, RAM, motherboard, hard drive and DVD drive with all the necessary cables, plus a few extras, and a wireless card.

Arion has the PSU covered.

Monitor is still unsure.

Am I missing anything before I ship this thing?

• Upvote 1

Talking with Red now and she is in need of a monitor as well. And TV is so old there's no way to connect her games to it... So the monitor is still on the list.

I may need medical attention when I deliver this so.....

Red,  "You do realize it's entirely possible I crack a rib or two hugging the stuffing out of you, yes? Fair warning. Lol"

My reply, "I'm just going to be the bearer of good news.. A lot of people are contributing to this :) "

Red, "I know but you're the one I'll be able to get my hands on. :P "

She's excited and sends everyone :hugs: !!!!

• Upvote 1