DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

A strange clothing problem

CrisG9

I am playing Skyrim again and enjoying it, haveing a better vid card really helps and am adjstuing things that need it.

i ran into a strange problem my companion has somehow started wearing strange skin arm clohting and leggiings that i dont recall giving her and they cant be removed and they dont show up on her inventory. when i rake everyintng out of her inventory she still has them. they disappera when she wears armor but return with wearing some other outfit. has anyone had that happen? is there a way to fix that?

it maybe somehow related to the NPC editor i use, i may have unknowingly added those to her invetory with that, i will have to check..

they are shaggy and look like someithng from the discard box at the Salvation Army..but certainly not a game breaking problem, just an aesthetic one.

the items are in this picture...

newadventures.jpg

That's Forsworn armor underneath studded armor. Are you sure it's not a mod added armor you gave her? Normally she won't wear anything less than her steel armor, which both those armors would be.

Or, you could try using the console to look into her inventory. Open console, click on her so her refID shows up, then use <RefID>.showinventory. A list of all her items should show up. You can then use the removeitem command if you find it. Use the PageUp or PageDown buttons to scroll through the list.

thanks Hana, i figure that out as the approach earlier this morning and i even found the ID for those two items, they are indeed Foresworn gauntlets and leggings. I see that i did install two differnt Forsworn outfits into my install using the Skyrim Mod Manager but then it broke and stopped working...as they kept updating it and i dont update my install... so that was prob what caused this glitch. I will see if i can remove them using the console thanks alot :)

I had to go to a save game finally, could not remove those items even with all of the consol work, i then had to update my quests and skills back to what i had but fortunately it worked. whew but thanks for the advice.