DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP/ Trailer] The Brotherhood of Old

wjHarnish

The Brotherhood of Old

Restoring the Dark Brotherhood to its former glory

Betrayed by your own sister, the fate of the Dark Brotherhood rests upon the edge of a knife. As the Listener to the Night Mother, your mind has been plagued with troubling dreams as of a late. Among these dreams, a set of instructions, you are to end a family line that could destroy the Brotherhood forever. Buried deeper within those dreams, therein lies hope for the future.

Slowly, you begin to rebuild the Brotherhood, adding in many assassins from all walks of life. Locked away within one of these acolytes, flows the blood of a Legendary Speaker from days passed. Can you train this initiate to be a master assassin, rivaling your own skill? Will the secret that's within their blood change the Brotherhood for the better, or doom it to a fate worse than death; to be forgotten?

As you mold this descendant into a weapon, the Brotherhood becomes respected throughout the land once more. But with this respect comes fear, and with that fear many come out of the woods to destroy the Brotherhood. A recently disbanded guild has reformed, deadlier than ever. And an old but unknown enemy has resurfaced, and between the two guilds they are dedicated to wiping out every trace of the Brotherhood. Will you preserve the Brotherhood at all costs, even at the expense of the friendships and alliances you have fought so bravely for? Will you restore glory to your family, and make it The Brotherhood of Old?

The Brotherhood of Old is a new quest mod for Skyrim, taking place after "Hail Sithis" in the Dark Brotherhood Quest. This 170 page screenplay will take you all across the land of Skyrim, as you try and rebuild the Brotherhood and strengthen it against future attacks. How will you deal with these new Brothers and Sisters? Will you be heartless and cold, doing only what is good for the Brotherhood as a whole? Will you be silent or cryptic, letting others fill in the gaps? Or will you be the good older sibling, nurturing the initiates and helping them succeed? Does the love of coin drive your every action, or is there a time and a place for mercy? Will you take the straightforward path, or will you put in a little extra effort and be rewarded proportionally? Will the Brotherhood fail under you, or will you make Sithis proud once again?

For the past few months, I've been working diligently with Vincent, a talented modder, on bringing his project to life. However this project is far from complete, this is what we need from the community to help move our project forward. Since I work on the screenplay aspects of the mod, Vincent has been kind enough to provide descriptions of our progress and the open positions that we have on the team.

"Open Positions:

Scripter/s - Above all else, this is most important.

Quest Scripter/s - Same as above.

Level Designer/s: I've got the core of the levels built, I would just like the help of someone else to give the cluttering some variety.

3D Modeler/s: I need someone that can add weight painting and weapon formatting to existing meshes that I have created, and prepare them for use in-game.

Texturer/s: Someone that can help me with UV unwrapping, because I have absolutely no idea how to get a texture on a mesh properly."

"Screenshots:

A Mysterious Camp

A Mysterious Camp, Cont

The Tenets, Restored

A New Face

A Growing Home

Growing Home, Cont.

An Unknown Black Door

An Old Enemy

Remembering the past

A Hidden Refuge

A place for sorrow

Looking into the abyss

"

"Progress: 
New Sanctuaries: 100% built. 40% cluttered.

New locations - Other: 95% built. I'm still working on some minor locations.

NPCs: 80%? I believe all new NPCs have been created. I am currently working on giving them AI and placing them in their proper locations.

Scripting: 80% - The Wrath of Sithis has been created and works well; I just need help hooking him up to the rest of the game. Currently, you need to use console commands to get him to show up, and you're not accepted back into the Dark Brotherhood when he is defeated.

Writing: 100% - Done

Quests: 50% - Quests are completely written in an easy to comprehend format for a quest scripter to put together in the Creation Kit. A lot of the quests also need scenes put together for them. (One quest, for example, where the player watches an event from the past through the eyes of another person.)

AI: 5% - As mentioned above, working on it.

Custom Meshes and Textures: 50% - Most, if not all of the custom meshes we need, I have created. I just need help preparing them for use in-game, such as weight painting, weapon formatting in NifSkope, and UV mapping. I use Maya and the nif export plugin is far from complete, which is why I can not export the meshes myself."

*EDIT: The screenshot links aren't working atm, I'll get that corrected as soon as possible, thank you for your patience*

*EDIT 2: The screenshots are now working!*

Edited by wjHarnish

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are looking for Papyrus scripters to help us hook up a few unfinished scripts to the game. Also we are looking for quest scripters. If you can help us with that, please let us know by either replying to this thread, or sending me or wjHarnish a PM.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice :)

You made the trailer yourself? Its very nice :)

AI programming must be hard... cant you just copy paste something from another enemy type?

• 7 months later...