DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hi, I'm Nappycat

nappycat

Hello, I'm kinda new to this modding. I did some modding for Marrowind, but never understood how to script. I just had a car wreck, and have some free time on my hands (FB is boreing lol), so i figured I would dust off my Oblivion Game and see what I could create. So far I am very good at creating a mess. Maybe if I try and explain what I'm trying to do, maybe I could get some pointers. I do not want it done for me, because I wouldn't learn as much that way. The mods I make are for my personal use, because I'm not a good enough modder to release anything to the public. Any pointers or advice would be greatly apperated.

Nappy

• Upvote 2

Thanks DarkRider, I have gone through that corse, I'm working on the 2nd or 3rd one now....dealing with scedlues (sorry my spelling is not so good). what I'm in a rush to do is kinda basic I want a NPC to unequip a off-hand weapon (shield) and a full (one piece) set of armor when not in combat. The armor piece is Moundsteins - Blue Stripe Elite on which I have put throttlekittys Ivory Hilt Dagger. I would like to have the armor and the Dagger switch when in or out of combat. Is it possable to do this with out a hole lot of scripting, I'm realy haveing trouble getting the hang of scipting, all I can seem to do is make a mess

Welcome to the Alliance, Nappycat!

If you think your mods aren't good enough for release, you are probably wrong.  You should still do your best at them, but don't be afraid of releasing.  If in doubt, go peruse what's out there, and realize that there is plenty out already that is worse than whatever you are doing.   XD

I am a little rusty by now at scripting, but if I were trying to do what you are doing, I would attach an object script like this to the NPC:

scn YourScriptNameGoesHere

ref Me

begin gamemode

set Me to GetSelf

if Me.IsInCombat == 0 && Me.GetEquipped ArmorEditorID
Me.UnequipItem ArmorEditorID
Me.UnequipItem WeaponEditorID
endif

end
Edited by Khettienna

Thanks Khettienna,

I see what i was doing wrong, I had my scrip way too long

A0AutoShieldScr

short EquipState

ref Weapon

ref Shield

ifNPC.IsWeaponOut

ifEquipState == 0

setEquipState to 1

ECT.

I'll try yours it looks much better than mine

Thanks so much for your help, I'll let ya know how it works

Thanks Lilith

@ Khettienna

scn YourScriptNameGoesHere

ref Me

begin gamemode

set Me to GetSelf

if Me.IsInCombat == 0 && Me.GetEquipped ArmorEditorID
Me.UnequipItem ArmorEditorID
Me.UnequipItem WeaponEditorID
endif

end

It didn't work, CS didn't like the sentex "GetSelf" I have no idea what to use instead of that.

Let me show what I have now, I rewrote mine but it still dosen't work.

This script has to be attached to to the object, the NPC will either have CM Partners script, or Private Army.

I just hate to see the off-hand weapon (shield) always showing, so I attached a off-hand dagger to a piece of armor.

The idea was to get them (dagger-equipped/armor-switched) to swap out durring combat, that was over my head, so I'll try and figure out how to get the off-hand to unequip when not in combat.

Heres what I have, tell me where I messed up (or if I should scrap the whole thing)

ScriptName A0UnequipShield1scr

short wep

short shld

ref NPC

ref A0Weapon1

Begin GameMode

set wep to NPC.IsWeaponOut

set shld to NPC.IsShieldOut

if wep == 1

if shld == 0

If NPC.GetItemCount A0Weapon1 >=1

NPC.GetEquipItem A0Weapon1

endif

endif

endif

if wep == 0

if shld == 1

NPC. UnequipItem AoWeapon1

endif

endif

end

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by nappycat

Thanks Jac

Yes i realize the misstake I made, useing Khettienna's script, tryed it again with it on the NPC, works fine.

The problem is I can't use it with CM Partmers, or Private Army.

So what i need is a (better understanding of how to script) script to attach to an object that will unequip a shield and/or off-hand weapon when not in combat, and equip said object when in combat. The only mods I have found that dose this is "Shields on Back" mod. SoB mod is quite complex and I can't sort out what part of the scripting that is used to unequip/reequip shield in combat.

Hummm... No one has left a comment on my Scrippting, or on how bad it sux?

You might get more help if you posted in the study hall, nappy. Not everybody checks the welcome threads, nor do they expect to see scripting requests in them. :)

As for your script, off-hand I'd say you're not defining the NPC ref could be an issue, but I have very limited knowledge of Oblivion scripting. Morrowind, on the other hand, is a different story.