DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[OB] can`t find anything I have created

barney_1st

Hello all,

First, I think I did my homework: I have tried a few tutorials found online, including the very good ones from this community, but nothing seem to work : whenever I "create" an item in TESCS for Oblivion, I never seem to be able to find it where I placed it in the world, nor anywhere else for that matter!

I have:

- tried creating a new amulet or even pants, based on an existing model that I renamed and chose to create a new entry)

- placed in the world the object: I have tryed to put it inside a generic chest, a unique chest, in the emperor`s inventory, on the ground in the starting game jail cell, in a specific house in Burma...

- saved in a new .esp file that I enable before launching the game

- launch a saved game or start a new game altogether and...

no new object! nowhere, never. I even tried just adding a regular pitcher from the game, at the proper coordinates inside the jail cell, with no more luck...

So I am at loss here... I don`t get any error message when I save my esp, but a few when I close the TESCS: "model loader still has 4 NIF file..." but I have read on this forum it should not concern me

I am starting to think my version of Oblivion is somewhat not taking the esp files despite me selecting them in the Data Files launcher... Corrupted version? Help please!

Thank you,

Saddly that doe snot work either: I have uninstalled/reinstalled both oblivion and TESCS in the C: oblivion folder. Originally they were installed on another partition on the E: drive anyway. Tryed runnin in windowx XP compatibility... since I lost the savedgames in the process I am only now trying to add something, any thing into the game startup prison cell.. and still when I load the game with my esp enabled, it just doesn t change anything to the world.

The esp file is in the data folder by the way...