DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Light sources turns on and off.

EXUROK

You can only have 4 shadow casting lights rendering at one time, as you position your character, the game renders the 4 lights closest to you. As you shift angles, you change which lights are closest, so the furthest 5th light goes out and the next closest goes on so you always have just 4.

This phenomena can be very noticeable in smaller spaces with too many shadow casting lights.

But this is in the cell breezehome unmodded, belethors shop and many other vanilla places.

How come this is happening, in 2011 it did not happen, sure i have some mods but aint it another explenation to this?

I do use enb, no other light tweak mod except for "relighting skyrim" mod.

Reading the description of that mod "relighting skyrim" it appears to ADD additional lighting instances which will likely increase the odds of you experiencing this lighting phenomena. For example, the author says some fires use 1 light for 2 fires, the mod adds a second light, but the reason for the 1 light by default may have been to reduce the number of shadow casting lights in one area. The 4 shadow lights is a built in limit of the game, the developers talk about it themselves in the CK Wiki.

I can't guarantee that's your issue, could be a bad ini tweak maybe, but it's most likely a mod exacerbating this natural limit of the game. :yes:

Shadow casting lights seem more of an issue for things. I personally from Oblivion to Skyrim have had little issue with the omnidirectional(no shadow) lights. I'm not sure if you're looking for a cause or an idea if you're doing any modding but I have a couple small tips.

If you have two candles or torches on a hallway like this:   |x           x|    (x= torch or candle and |= wall or side of doorway)    then instead of 2 lights with a radius of 128(for example) you can do 256 with an omnidirectional(or higher setting) and put it in the middle like this:  |x    L    x|  (L= Light)   so the area is roughly lit up as much as if you'd have 2. While not really realistic(given the radius per light) it will cut down on any issues. As for the shadowed ones? I don't play with them much.. though I should so I can properly work with light and shadow better.